Science Forums

History Forum, yes or no?

Mercenaryend

History is interesting.

I'd enjoy the chance to discuss it.

But then again, I enjoy the chance to discuss just about anything. ;)

And then again... I already do, in just about any forum that I choose to enter.

So not sure how having a forum for history would impact me, but it's not a bad idea. :)

And people become Junior Moderators when they show us their stuff. That usually means that people have earned the respect of our members, including at least a few Mods and/or Admins. We add a few JMods every few months. Usually a Mod or Admin will nominate someone, or a few people, to the staff. There will be a brief discussion period where everyone has the opportunity to speak their minds, if there is any dissention then the Admin staff will discuss it, a decision is reached, then the person is invited (or not) to join the staff as a Junior Moderator (JMod). After a trial period of undetermined length, the person is promoted to full Moderator (Mod). Every once in a blue moon, an Administrator is added. An Admin is always chosen from the "Mod Squad", and is always a person that has the full respect and confidence of the existing Admin staff. Currently, there are only Tormod, myself, Gahd, C1ay, sanctus, Killean, and pgrmdave on the Admin staff. The Mod Squad is much fuller. You can see the Mods listed at the bottom of every intro page for each individual forum.

Keep up the interesting posts and we'll keep you in mind when we need to add another person to the staff. :)