Science Forums

Defence mechanisms- projection

Diamonds

I used to think it belongs only to the stressed Mother projecting her angry feelings toward her Child.

But today I was a victim of a different kind of projection.

The nurse said to my friend if you keep on smoking you will die. He can not stop smoking. But could not argue with superior and authorities whom he is dependent on totally.

So he Held his silence then. But kept on blaming me for Several hours afterwards that I have said that smoking leads to death. I did not say so but the nurse.

So if you want to argue with someone greater than you but can not is it allways case of projection afterwards?

For instance in hospitals or in the army and so on.

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2023 at 11:31 AM, Diamonds said:

I used to think it belongs only to the stressed Mother projecting her angry feelings toward her Child.

But today I was a victim of a different kind of projection.

The nurse said to my friend if you keep on smoking you will die. He can not stop smoking. But could not argue with superior and authorities whom he is dependent on totally.

So he Held his silence then. But kept on blaming me for Several hours afterwards that I have said that smoking leads to death. I did not say so but the nurse.

So if you want to argue with someone greater than you but can not is it allways case of projection afterwards?

For instance in hospitals or in the army and so on.

Smoking does lead to death, the correlation between the two is quite clear. Smoking and an early death by several mechanisms is well documented.  

7 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Yes my friend is 62 years old and is having COPD - chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. He really is going to die. If he could stop smoking now things could be Better and bad progress slower. But he can not. He just keep on smoking. 

What is the point of your post?