Science Forums

Entire Galaxy Destroying Kardashev Scale 4 Weapon

Vmedvil

This is an alteration on the supermassive black hole bomb but however this version does not use super radiant scattering nor the spin of the black hole but rather causes the black hole itself to explode. The idea is pretty simple to continue to feed energy and mass into a black hole until it literally explodes where gravity cannot hold on or whatever caused the Big Bang Singularity to explode. Now it is unknown how much energy-mass will need to be fed into the super massive black hole until it explodes but there is some evidence that large supermassive black holes can explode from being simply too massive such as in this article(https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/scientists-spot-the-biggest-known-explosion-in-the-universe/). The idea is to move other black holes and stars that are smaller into the supermassive black hole causing it to grow in mass until it explodes. The Question you must ask yourself is how much mass does it take until a black hole explodes and is that even possible? Well, I think it is possible under the initial singularity explanation of the big bang that one could eventually cause a new class of black hole, an ultra-massive black hole to reach critical mass and explode by feeding enough mass into it.  It is commonly thought that the cosmic microwave background was caused by the big bang explosion's light so we can deduct if that was caused by an ultra-massive black hole reaching critical mass that then indeed the explosion of such a black hole would release a great deal of energy and mass moving at high velocities.

The Big Bang's Explosion, the cosmic microwave background.

download-2.jpg

Obviously to control the absolutely unthinkable amounts of mass and energy that would need to be fed into the supermassive black hole to create an ultra-massive black hole with critical mass, I would think, it would require the knowledge of a type 4 Kardashev scale civilization that control the entire universe.

download-3.jpg

19 hours ago, Vmedvil said:

Now it is unknown how much energy-mass will need to be fed into the super massive black hole until it explodes

There is the no-hair theorem which says there is no such limit. It's like trying to cram so much stuff and energy into the future that it pushes back and barfs it back into the past from whence it came.  A black hole isn't a place in space with finite capacity.

On 12/20/2022 at 5:34 PM, Halc said:

There is the no-hair theorem which says there is no such limit. It's like trying to cram so much stuff and energy into the future that it pushes back and barfs it back into the past from whence it came.  A black hole isn't a place in space with finite capacity.

I don't think that, that is true that you can cram an "infinite" amount of stuff into a black hole that doesn't make physical sense in reality based on it just seems off to me. Think about an oxygen tank how much air can you fit into before it explodes an "infinite amount" or a finite amount?

Edited by Vmedvil

18 hours ago, Vmedvil said:

it just seems off to me

Your incredulity is noted, but the mathematics says otherwise. If you drop any object (yourself say), you'll experience getting pulled apart, not getting compressed together.

Think about an oxygen tank how much air can you fit into before it explodes an "infinite amount" or a finite amount?

A tank is a finite volume of space. A black hole is not a volume of space, finite or otherwise.

If you want, you can drop only electrons into a black hole, and if you do that enough, the electrical charge the black hole develops will have a greater repulsion than the gravity, forming a naked singularity. In that sense, there is a limit. You can add no more electrons no matter how you try, at least not without dropping something else (protons?) in first.

I don't think that, that is true that you can cram an "infinite" amount of stuff into a black hole

I didn't say you could, but mostly because there is a finite limit to the amount of mass sufficiently close to the black hole (currently about 16 BLY) to bring it there by some efforts. Anything further away that that cannot ever have the black hole in its future light cone, and thus cannot be added to it.  In other words, there's a finite limit because if you add enough mass to a black hole, there comes a point where there's no more mass to add.  The surrounding space becomes empty.

Edited by Halc

• 4 months later...
On 12/22/2022 at 4:26 PM, Halc said:

If you want, you can drop only electrons into a black hole, and if you do that enough, the electrical charge the black hole develops will have a greater repulsion than the gravity, forming a naked singularity. In that sense, there is a limit. You can add no more electrons no matter how you try, at least not without dropping something else (protons?) in first.

Interesting, well maybe dropping only charged matter into the black hole will have the desired effect of an explosion that destroys a galaxy when gravity is weaker than the replusion of the charged matter, Thanks for this insight Halc. I will take it under consideration in a actual test of the concept because I think that the black hole would explode under those conditions when the replusion of charge was greater than the gravitational attraction when all that matter or whatever is within a black hole came pouring out in a huge burst. I would like the coin this term "Electroreplusive Black Hole Detonation". The equation is so simple too

Fcharge singularity > Fgravity singularity

Edited by Vmedvil