Science Forums

72 Hour Hold In The Mental Ward Warning

Vmedvil2

This is apart of my real talks about stuff, this is a warning, if you are ever placed under a 72 hour hold you cannot refuse any treatment given to you that could possibly include electroshock, lobotomies, and various other treatments that you don't want to happen. You should be extremely careful if ever placed under a 72 hour hold by the police people usually do not understand how much danger they are in during this period in the mental ward. If ever placed under a 72 hour hold don't do anything besides chill in your room and go to eat just stay there in that room and don't leave. It isn't worth what they may do to you and another thing never pull the fire alarm that is in the mental ward that is a trap and if you are under a 72 hour hold they can do anything as treatment for pulling that fire alarm too.

Warning-icon-svg.png

Edited by Vmedvil2

• 8 months later...

I finally found a solution to this problem if you get a "Living Will"(What Is a Living Will? | LegalZoom) by your doctor in front of a priest then you will be protected and the only way that a "Living Will" can be overwritten is a power of attorney (Power of Attorney (americanbar.org)) which you get to select your person that controls the power of attorney. I would suggest that everyone make a "Living Will" just in case and specify the treatments that you don't want to happen.

Edited by Vmedvil

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 5:07 PM, Vmedvil said:

I finally found a solution to this problem if you get a "Living Will"(What Is a Living Will? | LegalZoom) by your doctor in front of a priest then you will be protected and the only way that a "Living Will" can be overwritten is a power of attorney (Power of Attorney (americanbar.org)) which you get to select your person that controls the power of attorney. I would suggest that everyone make a "Living Will" just in case and specify the treatments that you don't want to happen.

If you still feel as if you are in danger from this, you can also file a medical power of attorney(https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/what-is-medical-power-of-attorney) which will designate someone you choose to have power over your medical decisions upon physical or mental impairment.