Science Forums

Better than Mars Colonization in many aspects.

DeepSciences

I have been pondering on the colonization process of mars and its eventual terraforming....but mostly its colonization. It would seem to me that preparations for such a trip would have to be made...a sort of "trial run" somewhere on earth where the suit would be convincingly necessary for the test subjects. The psychological effects of constantly being at threat of the outside elements would have its toll on the human mind. Better to see how severely here on earth than there on mars. Measures from such a test could help make the endeavor more successful.

I figured the test site should be Antarctica. Cold..so suit is needed for protection...and successful farming ect in Antarctica would seemingly mean it would be successful on mars.

• 1 month later...

If to take into consideration exoplanets, Ross 128 b is the MVP. It has the same size as Earth has, it's rocky and is orbiting within the inner habitable zone of the red dwarf Ross 128, at a distance of about 11 light-years from Earth. The planet is considered one of the most Earth-like worlds ever found in relation to its temperature, size and rather quiet host star. Ross 128 b is very close in mass to Earth, only about 35% more massive, and is likely around 10% larger in radius. Gravity on the planet would be only slightly higher. To cut a long story short, exoplanets are full of space facts

But if we are still limited with our Solar system I think it could Europe, Jupiter's moon