Science Forums

Will Neuralink Succeed?

Will Elon Musk's Neuralink Succeed? It can be in 10 years , 50 years in a hundred years but will eventually succeed?

What is the chance of it succeeding in percentage?

What impact will it have on the world if it succeeds?Human extinction? Use of AR without any devices such as phones since it is implanted into to you?

I know the project is still in its early stages but what do you guys think? Will it succeed or is it doomed to fail?

I don't think all the satellites around the Earth and the frequencies they will be putting out along with the technologies will be good for the Earth or the inhabitants. None of it is clearly natural at all. Not to mention one good solar flare could knock all technologies out in an instant.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2150350-a-tech-destroying-solar-flare-could-hit-earth-within-100-years/

The sun could be one of our biggest threats in the next 100 years. If an enormous solar flare like the one that hit Earth 150 years ago struck us today, it could knock out our electrical grids, satellite communications and the internet. A new study finds that such an event is likely within the next century.

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-what-would-happen-if-solar-storm-wiped-out-technology-geomagnetic-carrington-event-coronal-mass-ejection

The thinking goes that "the big one", when it hits (about once every 500 years, if not sooner) would be powerful enough to knock out electrical and communications systems across Earth for days, months, or even years – nixing power grids, satellites, GPS, the internet, telephones, transportation systems, banking, you name it.

I don't think all the satellites around the Earth and the frequencies they will be putting out along with the technologies will be good for the Earth or the inhabitants. None of it is clearly natural at all. Not to mention one good solar flare could knock all technologies out in an instant.

I think this is a silly way of reasoning. That's like saying nuclear radiation isn't natural: Then you go to Grand Central Station in NYC with a Geiger-counter, and learn what "natural" actually means. Same thing with EM. Do you seriously think that the natural world is somehow bereft of these kinds of radiation? You just pointed out one of the natural EM radiators yourself!

What leads you to this kind of thinking? 

Will Elon Musk's Neuralink Succeed? It can be in 10 years , 50 years in a hundred years but will eventually succeed?

What is the chance of it succeeding in percentage?

What impact will it have on the world if it succeeds?Human extinction? Use of AR without any devices such as phones since it is implanted into to you?

I know the project is still in its early stages but what do you guys think? Will it succeed or is it doomed to fail?

Odds are "good" considering we've got monkies that can control robot arms with their brains, cyborg-robots controlled by rat-brain slurry, and proven deep brain electrode treatments just in the past 20 years.

Impact I would gauge roughly the same as the internet. Interesting side-effect I could see would be from hackers "jailbreaking" their own lace to get high, or take better control of their various cycles (like sleep), or for nootropic brainwave functions. Could also be great for targeted anti-depressants or anti-psychotic treatments.

Of course lace would come with some risk beyond the basics of inflammation, infection, etc... I'm almost certain the first few generations will have the same interference issues as old style pacemakers. Also only a matter of time before some troll figures out how to incite seizures through malware or whatnot. Flipside is of course detecting and preventing the same...

I think this is a silly way of reasoning. That's like saying nuclear radiation isn't natural: Then you go to Grand Central Station in NYC with a Geiger-counter, and learn what "natural" actually means. Same thing with EM. Do you seriously think that the natural world is somehow bereft of these kinds of radiation? You just pointed out one of the natural EM radiators yourself!

What leads you to this kind of thinking? 

Having  satellites surrounding the Earth is in reality space pollution. One example and these will cause a vast amount more debris in the future.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/news/orbital_debris.html

Not only are we polluting the Earth but now space also. Although most of them will fall back down to the Earth at some point or just orbit the Earth.

Yes,on the radiation note in just one example a vast amount of cancer has taken place over the years in  Pennsylvania from the Three Mile Island accident. If you never heard of it.

https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/fact-sheets/3mile-isle.html

https://www.survivornet.com/articles/40-years-after-the-three-mile-island-nuclear-power-disaster-people-are-still-getting-cancer/

40 years after the worst nuclear power disaster in American history occurred on Three Mile Island, people from the area are still getting sick, and the incidence of thyroid cancer is rising faster in Pennsylvania than in the rest of the country as a whole, according to a study published in 2014.

Sure ELM and EM and RF is a little different then nuclear but they both cause harm to the human body. In fact in society we have a cancer crisis. And "accidents" always happen. Lots of info and studies on here also.

https://www.5gcrisis.com/scientific-studies

Independent Science on the Effect of Wireless Radiation on Human Health

There are more than 1,000 scientific studies conducted by independent researchers from around the world concerning the biological effects of RF radiation. Here we present some of the most recent. 

Edited by Thoth101

Having  satellites surrounding the Earth is in reality space pollution. One example and these will cause a vast amount more debris in the future.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/news/orbital_debris.html

Not only are we polluting the Earth but now space also. Although most of them will fall back down to the Earth at some point or just orbit the Earth.

Yes,on the radiation note in just one example a vast amount of cancer has taken place over the years in  Pennsylvania from the Three Mile Island accident. If you never heard of it.

https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/fact-sheets/3mile-isle.html

https://www.survivornet.com/articles/40-years-after-the-three-mile-island-nuclear-power-disaster-people-are-still-getting-cancer/

40 years after the worst nuclear power disaster in American history occurred on Three Mile Island, people from the area are still getting sick, and the incidence of thyroid cancer is rising faster in Pennsylvania than in the rest of the country as a whole, according to a study published in 2014.

Sure ELM and EM and RF is a little different then nuclear but they both cause harm to the human body. In fact in society we have a cancer crisis. And "accidents" always happen. Lots of info and studies on here also.

https://www.5gcrisis.com/scientific-studies

Independent Science on the Effect of Wireless Radiation on Human Health

There are more than 1,000 scientific studies conducted by independent researchers from around the world concerning the biological effects of RF radiation. Here we present some of the most recent. 

Wrong thread for this discussion T. There's a few that ARE right for it though. I will leave off here by saying "Natural" is NOT synonymous with "good" nuclear radiation is NOT synonymous with EM radiation(though it can result in EM radiation).

Feel free to multiquote from here into another appropriate thread if you want to continue the discussion.

Wrong thread for this discussion T. There's a few that ARE right for it though. I will leave off here by saying "Natural" is NOT synonymous with "good" nuclear radiation is NOT synonymous with EM radiation(though it can result in EM radiation).

Feel free to multiquote from here into another appropriate thread if you want to continue the discussion.

Well sure, I will agree and say if a Tiger who is a natural animal runs you down and eats you in the woods. That would not be a good experience of something natural.lol! Or if you are killed by a lightening strike that is not a good experience of something natural.

I don't know, GAHD.  Much as I respect your views,  I go with Thoth on this one.   Even parts of your posts seem to lean his way.  Are we making robots of ourselves while we try to make humans of robots?  And we lose much.  The simple fun of learning and creating may not be the be all-end-all or our lives but do we want to give it up to a button plugged into our brains?  That is not a big deal compared to other things you and Thoth are talking about but they are us.  I do not really want to become a robot.  And that is what we become with this implanted mini-computer plugged in.  As in real life - to my constant torment - the mini computer will take control. 

And who will create those minicomputers?  If they are all the same, life is boring. If they are different versions - well take a look at Apple versus Microsoft, Google and Firefox.  Our poor heads will reel with the competition

Carry on while I enjoy what is left of my freedom time.