Science Forums

A Small Number Hypothesis

Dirac must have been disheartened by the lack of support on his large number hypothesis and I feel some of his pain. There is equally a small number hypothesis that requires attention. The charged ion of nitrogen has a mass approx to 5 * 10^(-26) kg and for oxygen it is the same roughly. Hence Avogadro's number is also approx to the same number for a 24 cubic meter of space for an ideal gas. Hydrogen being an electrically charged proton pulled vertically by an electric field is approx to 2*10^(-27)kg. An alpha particle from radium has a mass approx to 5*10^(-27) kg and a neutron with a mass only slightly bigger has a mass approx to 5*10^(-27) kg. With protons and neutrons in mind, the neutron is slightly bigger and the question of why seems to lye with charge itself contributing to the total mass observed Gm^2 ~ nhc. This was even known to Feymann who stated that while the neutron was electrically neutral it has a more complex configuration involving a charge distribution making it slightly heavier than a proton.

For electric charge to mass measurements, further study has shown remarkable numerical agreement with a small number hypothesis. For instance, the cathode ray for discharged electrons in gas reveals ~ 2*10^(11) while electrons from hot tungsten is the same including electrons from the more general case of the photoelectric effect. There are many more cases of this number obeying fundamental processes involving electrons.

... it's funny that the large number correspondence with small and equally now to realize small with equally fundamental processes as meaning in some way and i quote Weinberg now, ”that the late structure may in some way determine the small,” and like any good relativist we must say the small dictates the large as well. Hopefully quantum entanglement will eventually answer a scientific role for such a model. The papers I wrote during the lockdown are hardly complete but complete enough to show the correspondence principle must be obeyed. That is, that new theory must meet the old.

Though my recent work has nothing to say about my small number hypothesis, it may tell us in a broader range to physics I did elaborate on, such as why charges appear to alter the observable mass of a structure. It may even tell us more about why Planck particles cannot exist in nature which was one of the hopes i developed from the transition formula for black holes leading to 18 conclusions based on known physics leading to a black hole optik theory in which they act like Newton's prisms, a special case which leads to photons being internally reflected from their gravitational confinement.

One thing I can speculate late now is that the small number correlations would certainly add evidence to a fine tuning argument in which non dimensionless values are so close together that it almost warrants a real scientific conjecture on the universe being designed in some non arbitrary way.

The biggest conclusion I reached from my papers was that the ground state hydrogen atom does not radiate, not because of a wave function per se, but because the electron is in a state of free fall and that the wave is completely analogous to de Broglie's pilot wave theory. In essence the extended weak equivalence principle goes like this,” while matter tells space how to curve and curvature tells space and matter how to move,” debroglies principles correspond saying,”the wave tells the particle how to move whereas the particle tells the wave how to spread.”

At room temperature for air is 28.8kg for the 24 cubic meter of space. Further the measured density of liquid air is 1000kg/cu.m

The standard calculation for the lattice is

24/(28.8 ))/1000) = 833/1

From here I noticed that when it divided by 6 it is approximately equal to the fine structure constant

833/6 ~ 137

By noticing this, I further took

(1/833)/6 ~ 8*10^(-6)

Which is further the number relating to the wavelength in meters of red light. Since we where talking about the ideal gas in 24 cubic meters of space, the fact that 6 was used to fond the approximate value of the fine structure was a bit of a surprise but understandable as it conveys it self 3+3. In hypothesising this I decided to take the inverse function

3^√833 ~ 1

But stranger if not just a matter of curiosity, adding 833 directly with 137 was nearly the density of liquid air off by a factor of 30.

To note, while many numbers we have noticed approximations to, that fine structure 1/137 is much larger in comparison.

Edited by Dubbelosix

Here's another I found just now, the Weiss magnetic moment is approx to 2*10^-24 where we should note that the proton mass being 1,836 times larger than the electron approx at 2*10^-27, the triton magnetic moment is much closer to the " district" as it is approx to 2*10^-26 ... Very close to previous conclusions found on electron mechanics mentioned before. This is now reaching a sigma 3 confidence level.

Edited by Dubbelosix

• 3 weeks later...

Came across today a nice link full of brilliant mathematical ratios and detailing certain mass quantities. If I wanted to find a general relationship, this would be the kind of stuff required to piece any possible relationships together.I'd spend hours doing it, maybe months. electron-triton mass ratio - NIST

https://physics.nist.gov › cuu › Value

Edited by Dubbelosix