Science Forums

Coveying Information. The Interface Bandwith Issues.

GAHD

I love the spiel Musk goes into around 29 minutes into this podcast.

A few minutes before that they're discussing the v1 Neuralink idea. Could be both nice and scary to "download" physics...

I love the spiel Musk goes into around 29 minutes into this podcast.

A few minutes before that they're discussing the v1 Neuralink idea. Could be both nice and scary to "download" physics...

I have high hopes for Mind Machine Interface technology, I think it could revolutionize how we communicate though there is a danger in that technology too.

• 8 months later...

I feel that a few additional considerations must be made;

1. An encryption method similar to TPM modules in computers should be implemented. The key for said encryption would have to be some sort of unmoddable biological marker inherent to the person. In this way, viruses and attacks would have to penetrate an extremely high security cipher before being able to access the secured data (IE the brain or other mnemonic implants, etc.). This alone may require quantum processing to help account for both data decryption in a timely manner, and error correction without outside processing.

2. Error correction which would make server memory look like a field day. Humans are bad enough about sending mixed signals, but to have poor or incomplete data streams being funneled into implants inside a human mind presents many more challenges. Personally I am not ready to see the human equivalent to a blue-screen of death.

3. Affordability. Some of the implications of this technology may include major medical breakthroughs. THAT is something which should never be solely in the hands of the rich or well-off. Health should be something everyone can get at a reasonable expense.

Having said that though, VERY exciting. I know that in my lifetime the first implants will hit the mainstream market. I am intrigued and cannot wait to hear more. 😄