Science Forums

Looking For Nuclear Engineering Must Reads

I'm asking for suggestions in various categories as some of them might be more important for coursework whereas others might be more recreational and to expand knowledge.

I know for example that Knoll is the go to for radiation detection and Lamarsh and Baratta is the most important for intro to nuclear engineering (of course some disagree with dumbing down in it, which is why I ask). Any books that anyone would like to recommend as a must have for core nuclear courses?

Other books that I'm looking for are more for my knowledge. For example, I found introductory nuclear physics by krane really helpful in explaining some of the concepts and bridging the gap between quantum/particle physics and nuclear for someone who hasn't had a rigorous physics background in those. Not to mention a fun read. But despite all that, it has been not useful for coursework and has been more recreational for me. Point is, I enjoy it for knowledge and recreation and I would like other suggestions for these as well so that I may expand my understanding of nuclear even if I don't formally take a course, please?

There is one pet peeve that I would like to address specifically, however. I'm unable to find much information on books that detail nuclear engineering from a fusion perspective. For example, materials and neutronics usually detail everything from fission reactor standpoints with a very minor aside, if at all, towards fusion. Any suggestions for those as well?

Edited by randomsoldier1337

Thanks. I have read the second one. I have seen the first in my professors office. I'll be sure to check it out. Though I think they mostly focus on the plasma physics aspect with less attention to the neutronics and materials effects, such as plasma confinement and energy requirements for sustained fusion. I would really appreciate any suggestions for the neutronics and materials, if they exist.