Science Forums

Had Your Hershey Bar Today?

hazelm

Sugar is the basic energy producer in the cell, no doubt would a sugar rush help to motivate older people to do things, I can say after I drink even as a younger person an energy drink with much sugar, I tend to be more energetic, this information is not new information which is why things like energy drinks that include mostly sugar are often on the market, Though, it is interesting that sugar also increases the memory skills of older people too, I suppose it is due to the neurons having more energy to blow by firing more often. It seems that indeed a sweet tooth is a good thing, interesting article Hazelm.

Sugar is the basic energy producer in the cell, no doubt would a sugar rush help to motivate older people to do things, I can say after I drink even as a younger person an energy drink with much sugar, I tend to be more energetic, this information is not new information which is why things like energy drinks that include mostly sugar are often on the market, Though, it is interesting that sugar also increases the memory skills of older people too, I suppose it is due to the neurons having more energy to blow by firing more often. It seems that indeed a sweet tooth is a good thing, interesting article Hazelm.

Yes, the memory part is interesting.  As I look back at my father and grandfather, I have to say I do see it though.  Both had excellent memories into their advanced years.  Me?  I'm not too sure.  We can hope.  At least I still get the rent paid on time without reminders.  <G>