Science Forums

Ok this is a very personal test so feel free to ignore it and destroy it if necessary

motherengine

Forgive my not understanding, but could you clarify what you mean?

ok, i looked at the names listed as "in the house" so to speak. then i typed the words in the initial thread. then i clicked 'submit'. then i clicked 'forum index' and then 'test' and looked at 'views'. i noticed the views my threads have received seconds after i posted them (according to 'views') and sumised that 1- views must be occuring before the posting process was done, or 2- something else was going on.

well, you picked a good title to get some views, that's for sure...

all you see is "ok this is a very personal..." so, of course people want to know what deep dark secret you'll be revealing next... :Crunk:

And yes, I've noticed the same thing about the post views. One of them comes from you, as you are directed to your post as soon as it is posted. (or at least I am). The others come from people that have much faster internet service than you do.

That's my guess. Let's wait til C1ay chimes in and gives us the technical and correct answer. :circle:

well, you picked a good title to get some views, that's for sure...

all you see is "ok this is a very personal..." so, of course people want to know what deep dark secret you'll be revealing next... :Crunk:

And yes, I've noticed the same thing about the post views. One of them comes from you, as you are directed to your post as soon as it is posted. (or at least I am). The others come from people that have much faster internet service than you do.

That's my guess. Let's wait til C1ay chimes in and gives us the technical and correct answer. :circle:

thank you, this was illuminating.