Science Forums

Into the mystic

motherengine

the sense of some great energy and atmosphere in certain landscapes and when exposed to certain sounds and sights has always been with me (to an almost socially crippling degree). this is how i measure 'god' and the spiritual. what is spirituality to you (the random mind that scans these words)? chemical/physical? metaphysical/supernatural? illusion/lie? pipe dream/necessary fantasy?

spirituality to me is many things. it's always chemical and physical, if you want to get down to semantics.

but energy is a big part of it for me.

people's energy, the way things make me feel. like you said, lights and sounds. it all has energy, and i measure it within.

i can't even describe it.

into the mystic, and now i am.

• 3 weeks later...
the sense of some great energy and atmosphere in certain landscapes and when exposed to certain sounds and sights has always been with me (to an almost socially crippling degree). this is how i measure 'god' and the spiritual. what is spirituality to you (the random mind that scans these words)? chemical/physical? metaphysical/supernatural? illusion/lie? pipe dream/necessary fantasy?

In my opinion, It's only human fully understand his mirror in front of mirror-glass, that's we start to feel into mystic, it's mysterious consciousness we're searching now to define it. Then why we have to compare between 'I' and its constructed matter+energy [chemical/physical] ? A 'chess games' had been open by 'god' , and we accept the game to challange it, what's really we are formed ? Look varies cultures and races on Earth and its population of nearly 7-B, I think we get into mystic when we figure out the poor, no foods, it's still hurting to ask why and why ?? Fall in love is ultimate mystic experience every one, and from this humans have beautiful expressions like pray, hope, till poetry and music.

Perhaps Darwin gave us 'succesful intial iteration' for us that we're 'descent man from natural selection' but we know that life evolution is very very big computational engine since 3.8 bya and we're still trying to understand its numerical analysis. Someday we may conclude that we're 'noble man from intelligent-design selection' and it's quite similar with prototype symbol like Adam and Eve, that is human kind utimately, it's also mystical legend. How long mystic was happened ? I think since Homo Sapiens have recognized his mirror like in front of nature silent pond.

In Uncle Al's world 2+2=4 (assuming base ten numerals and conventional arithmetic symbols)

In the spiritual world 2+2-= whatever you want it to.

Which is better? Neither. They are complementary. Unfortunately, if you can 'see' only one or the other, then half of the wonder of the Universe is missing.