Science Forums

Hi. Here's how I think the universe works.

DrPprRxtr

Hello. I'm David. I'm mainly here to get some input on an idea I've had tonight on how the universe works.

I think the universe is made up of p-branes and anti-p-branes, where p is the number of dimensions taken up, and branes is short for membranes. I think that where normal and anti-p-branes intersect, both are deleted, annihilated, and there is neither nothing nor anything there. The infantesimally subtle moment where the two still exist but are touching is what I will call the Tao, since I am a Taoist, and that's what I think it is in this context. This can explain a heck of a lot of things because of its simplicity, since, for a few things, the tangential limits of functions often don't exist (yet they do, don't they?) and tangents, when drawn and fully fathomed, enchant the human psyche. Given that humans are incredibly dependant of this system, if it is true, to exist, that seems to make almost metaphysical sense, that our subconscious selves are entranced by a concept that secretly keeps us in existence.

Anyway, enough rant, if you have comments, kudos, or corrections, I'll accept it all.

Maybe some actual info about me would be good... I'm 17, I like Pink Floyd, The Beatles, XTC, Simon and Garfunkel, Debussy, Linkin Park, Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer, Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams, and many others' music. I like complicated, mature movies, with lots of gory violence, or hilarious jokes, or romantic... romance ;) , or some combination of them and others. My favorite movies are Alien, Gladiator, Star Wars (only the original, A New Hope), Magnolia, American Beauty, Toy Story (2), Clue, Without a Clue, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Like of Brian, Meaning of life, Blazing Saddles, Bowfinger, Spaceballs, Jaws, and there's a heckuva lot more. My favorite drinks are Dr. Pepper, Rockstar Energy Drink, and a good glass of egg nog with a small dollop of cafe liqueour in it (I hardly ever get to have those). ;) ;) :(