Science Forums

Amazon Firesticks

Buffy Goddess of technology, or anyone else who has any more knowledge about tech than I do, which would be anyone who knows more than a ground hog does about tech. 

A friend at work gave me an Amazon firestick. I've had limited success with it. Since his tech savvy is just a little further above mine I'm not sure if it is how he set it up or "fire broke it" or how I'm going about pulling movies out.

The issues I'm having are finding movies that don't have subtitles. The bad quality I expected due to the movies coming out so quick, but many times I can't even get the movies to load or stay running. I updated my Comcast router thinking that was part of the problem. Then I made sure my teenage son had all his electronic activity off so it wasn't interfering with the viewing. None of that seemed to work so now I'm at a loss.

My questions are, is there anything else I can try to help the movie load and keep it loaded? Could Jr's electronic activity affect the device? I use Exodus to enter for movies is that the correct/best program? Most importantly is this legal?

Whomever answers please keep in mind my limited understanding of tech terms and lingo. I appreciate any advice anyone can pass on to me. Thanks

DW

• 4 years later...

Amazon Firesticks are a terrific little device that can be used with an Android phone. The Firesticks are a set of electronic remote controls that can be attached to your phone and used to control it. Also check what is organic sales in amazon to grow your store easily. They are currently only available for Android phones, but we’re sure that their parent company, Amazon, is aiming to make the Firesticks available for other operating systems in the future.

Edited by OceanBreeze
removed spam link

On 1/12/2022 at 6:07 PM, freamelucas said:

Amazon Firesticks are a terrific little device that can be used with an Android phone. The Firesticks are a set of electronic remote controls that can be attached to your phone and used to control it. Also checkhat is organic sales in amazon to grow your store easily. They are currently only available for Android phones, but we’re sure that their parent company, Amazon, is aiming to make the Firesticks available for other operating systems in the future.

Might be spam but still handy advice for anyone looking for streaming TV.

Edited by OceanBreeze
removed copied spam link