Science Forums

Chemical equilibrium is it all true

liger

:) I have some idea about chemical equilibrium.

You know that equilibrium will change if volume changes, temperature change. But when the pressure change by add 8A gas that not effect to the reaction system the constant of equilibrium isn’t change. Why it’s not change although the pressure change ?

If I assume as I fill gas until gas change to solid. So it must use very high pressure. When gas change to solid, it can decreases volume and affect to the equilibrium.

Please tell me what you are thinking. Thank you (:D“)

Inert gas pressure will increase the vapor pressure of a liquid by acting as a permeable piston. Look into your P-chem text. /_V of reaction is generally small, therefore very large /_P must be applied to give a measurable /_ /_V and a change in Ea. Benthic organisms have altered enzyme structures to accommodate the higher pressures.

Reactions with large /_V such as the Diels-Alder reaction and polymerizations are substantially accelerated under high pressure, directly applied or virtual as in clever micellization. Because most materials are forced into crystallization at high pressures and a solid solvent would freeze the reactants separated in space, very low melting solvent mixtures such as propionitrile/butyronitrile are used at high pressures.

A gas above its critical temperature will not be anything but a fluid as pressure increases.