Science Forums

Good day to All

OAE

I found this forum in my search for others with a hypothesis and thoughts on the evolution of the canine. (wolf to dog)

My main endeavor has been, for the past thirty plus years, with the wolf and dogs of recent wolf history.

I have been involved with what I term the primitive canine. Starting in the Antarctic, with the dog teams (transport and handling). To the present day,

Sharing my home with five dogs of recent wolf history, ranging from F-2 to F-3.

Although my formal education is sadly lacking, I hope I can contribute some food for thought.

OAE

I beleive he was around 3 before he died. Nasty incident with neighborhoor rivalry, they were too scared to come to the people so they hung the dog. Nicest one you'd ever meet too, despite the fact he could punch a relatively square hole through a double-folded leather jacket with his bite. He had no physical problems from what I could see other than getting obviously too hot from the summer heat.

F-2 F-3....that means 2nd & 3rd generation right? I had a 2nd gen Malamute/Timberwolf cross. Awesome dog, at 150-160 ish he was a big dog too.

Forgive me for the delay in reply, :xx:

Yes you are correct; my animals mix, are German Shepherd Dog and Tundra.

My top animal is 155 lbs and the smallest is 102, they all work hospital therapy.

Only my top animal is also trained in protection, and takes to it as a duck to water.

OAE