Science Forums

Computer Science/technology Research Paper Topic?

I need to do a research paper on a "controversial" innovation made within the last 10 years. I want to do it in the field of Computer Science/Technology. Basically, the scenario is that I'm working for a company and I need to present my boss a research paper on a new technology that I think the company should use. My teacher wants me to obtain at least 3 articles from academic databases. I need at least 3 scholarly articles on the technology to use as legitimate sources. I've been googling "new innovations in computer technology" to no avail. I've found some things like SecureDrop, which is used to keep confidentiality between journalists and anonymous sources, but I haven't been able to find any scholarly articles from academic databases discussing that program.

Does anybody have any good ideas I could use that have scholarly articles discussing those ideas? I'm in a bind here I don't really know what to write about.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want controversial then look into anything Tor-related https://www.torproject.org/, the good side be anonymous while browsing (most likely also to NSA and friends(=equivalent of other countries and/or corporations)), the bad side it can and is used for a lot of illegal stuff (from drugs to paedophiles to sharing hacked stuff)