Science Forums

Telescopes

G2006

Hi

Thanks for the link, ive just been on it and found this telesope on a other link on the site. I have found the cheap telescope which is reated for beginear sky gazers. Seen as though i know practically nothing about telescopes yet could anybody tell me if this telescope is any godd and what will i be able to see with?

Thanks

p.s.

need answers as soon a possible

Hi

Thanks for the link, ive just been on it and found this telesope on a other link on the site. I have found the cheap telescope which is reated for beginear sky gazers. Seen as though i know practically nothing about telescopes yet could anybody tell me if this telescope is any godd and what will i be able to see with?

Thanks

p.s.

need answers as soon a possible

You haven't told us anything about it. What apeture does it have? I'd start with at least a 75mm. The bigger the better though. Get the biggest apeture you can afford.

___My experience is that the type of scope you have in mind on that link (Tasco 3" refractor) is not worth the money. Why not? Wobbly tripod, poor optics, won't work for terrestrial use, no inclination, declination markings, higher power eyepieces next to useless...

___For your $60 I recommend binoculars or a spotting scope with a tripod mount like shooters use. Why? High quality optics, useable for astronomy or terrestrial viewing, durable construction, ease of use, select your own mount, & some have a zoom.