Science Forums

Hmmm...get ready for a lonnng intro lol

Guest twistedlink

Guest twistedlink

well...theres a story behind my internet name, ill tell you if you ask

But for now

I am an A level student, taking all 3 sciences, i took some exams in january and was the only one to pass them, while everyone else failed, the funny thing is that i dont have 5 gcses and was only allowed to do A levels in the gcses i passed which was maths and science.

I have a reputation from everyone i know online and offline of being incredibly logical,but also have a wild imagination to me, though i am useless at arty type subjects.

I excel in logic, hence my passing of the only logical subjects.

My strong point is chemistry, of which i have never really got anything wrong in my lessons or had trouble understanding, i get everything 1st time and can do everything 1st time

Physics on the other hand is my weakest of the 3 sciences, which i can do, i just get confused when it comes to the really big equations and re arranging them but otherwise i understand it all from what ive been taught so far.

My IQ averages out at 130-140, though i know someone who has an IQ of 110 and has got A's in there A levels and ready to go to a very nice university, so i dont really hold much respect for IQ's as they dont mean anything in my opinion.

I am VERY opinionated but all my opinions are based on facts...Or accepted facts.

From this you can deduce that i am obviously-not religious

though i have been to church after being forced to go for 3 years

I know both sides of the story

and i can safely say science makes a hell of a lot more sense ;)

while im highly opinionated i dont really start throwing it around willy nilly for sake of an argument.

I do it when someone has a fact/"fact" wrong, as i have a pet peeve with urban myths and "facts" like "if you drink coca cola with aspirin you get high"

let me tell you now before i heard of this urban myth i had a splitting headache once and downed 6 aspirins with plenty of coke and all it did to me was cure my headache.

It just irritates me when people believe in old wives tales etc...

am i the only one who gets irritated to a point of arguments with this?

yeah, i have a fast metabolism as well...but the thought of eating something that's clogging up my arteries turns me off.

Have to agree with you on that one, and I'm 6' 2" and only weigh 145 pounds :turtle:. I couldn't put on weight if I tried, I know :D. Oh well, what some people consider a curse others consider a gift, I'll probably get flak from this post by Buffy if she ever reads it :cup:.

Oh, and welcome and good-bye twistedlink:).