Science Forums

Blank books

Queso

i don't know who to ask, or where to look, so as always...i'll ask you guys.

where can i buy blank books? like...journal, diary type things i guess. just blank and generic?

i had a dream i had a HUGE one, a sorcerors book of sorts...i really wish i had one..anybody know where i could get one?

i've looked in barnes and noble, the biggest one around, and they just had normal sized ones. do i have to get one custon made? because i seriously want thousands of pages, and really big pages. a wizards book! they don't have them at the book store, ahhhhhhhhhhhh i will never find one. i can see myself compromising very soon...

___You might consider then a scroll. Buy a large roll of paper, a second cylinder to wrap it up on as you go, & make it as big as you like. Build & decorate your own scroll bag/container to suit yourself. In my Gallery space I have a photot with part of my Katabatak Magimatamigam Scroll Thirty Three: I didn't use a roll of paper, but rather glued & stitched the pages with ribbon hinges. :hyper:

a scroll would be really cool...with fake aged parchment. the search continues..

You can fake age the parchment using coffe or tea to stain it, and a lighter/matches to singe/brown bits of it.

The art of making paper by hand might interest you. I've got a camel hide bound handmade paper notebook I use for ideas and notes when inspiration or boredom strike.

Just don't get too attached to the book - it is designed to be filled! When it seems to have too much inherent value, you will not want to write trivial things in it, nor add as much when it starts to get full.

If you go this route, also ensure you can reverse the binding, so you can add and remove the pages, as this allows a lot more flexibility, as well as organisation of data after the fact.

The scroll idea is quite good, and would make backing it up quite easy, if A4 or letter wide, as it would drop straight into a fax or scanner! :hyper:

• 5 weeks later...