Science Forums

First Contact.

sunshaker

I was recently watching about seti and a search for et life, We always seem to be using and looking for radio signals.

To me radio signals do not seem to be what we should be looking for, I believe civilizations would only use radio in there first couple of centuries, We should be focusing more towards the infrared/higher, I believe we as life forms only used to see blue/green/yellow and red came later as we evolved, I believe we are still evolving to see colours that go into the infrared, There are known to be "tetrachromats" who have 4 cones and are able to see millions of hues of red more than the average human,http://digitaljournal.com/article/326976 .

So perhaps higher life forms would only be interested in those civilizations that have reached a certain point of evolution, And when we know what to look for the skys will be full of signals/messages, And as i believe everything is connected, the easiest way to put a signal out to evolved species would be to send it through every star(which would be simple to an advanced civilization) where it would reach each evolving life form, So instead of searching others stars for planets we should look towards our star the sun, Where i believe somewhere within we will find a message and once we find and reply to message we will be ready for first contact.

We would then learn about particle to particle communication (Instantaneous private calls to anywhere in our universe)

ET Phone home, the number is in reach.

Edited by sunshaker

I am a great believer in synchronicity, After writing above post i thought i would listen to some music, So i put on smash hits and the first video that came on was route 94ft jess glynne, it is completely shot in the infrared,

except for the first couple of seconds where you see blue/yellow.

We attract what we think.

Edited by sunshaker

I was recently watching about seti and a search for et life, We always seem to be using and looking for radio signals.

To me radio signals do not seem to be what we should be looking for, I believe civilizations would only use radio in there first couple of centuries, We should be focusing more towards the infrared/higher, I believe we as life forms only used to see blue/green/yellow and red came later as we evolved, I believe we are still evolving to see colours that go into the infrared, There are known to be "tetrachromats" who have 4 cones and are able to see millions of hues of red more than the average human, http://digitaljournal.com/article/326976.

So perhaps higher life forms would only be interested in those civilizations that have reached a certain point of evolution, And when we know what to look for the skys will be full of signals/messages, And as i believe everything is connected, the easiest way to put a signal out to evolved species would be to send it through every star(which would be simple to an advanced civilization) where it would reach each evolving life form, So instead of searching others stars for planets we should look towards our star the sun, Where i believe somewhere within we will find a message and once we find and reply to message we will be ready for first contact.

We would then learn about particle to particle communication (Instantaneous private calls to anywhere in our universe)

ET Phone home, the number is in reach.

Your link is broken, I am pretty sure tetrachromates see in to the UV not IR http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrachromacy,

Everyone has to believe something I guess but only what can be backed with evidence is significant...

Most have heard of the Kardashev scale, used for measuring a civilizations level of technological advancement http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

We are classed has a Type 0

Type 1 civilization would use all available resources on its planet including weather control.

Type 2 Would harness all energy of its own star.

Type 3 would harness all energy raw materials of its own galaxy.

Type 4 Would extract all information and raw materials from all galaxies.

Type 5 Would have transcended their universe of origin and be capable of universe scale manipulation.

So if we took this as a rough frame of reference, We would be of little interest until we where at least a type 2 civilization, Which as full control of its stars energy, So this is where i would leave a message if i was a type 3 or above.

But then again we could be a type 5 civilization, Enjoying the experience of a type 0 civilization. And the "Exit" for this experience could be within our sun/or ourselves. But then again if we where a type 5 civilization, Time/matter/energy would have little hold over us and we might enjoy or even compete with other entities to see how quick/or different we can go from a type 0 to type 5 civilization. The Game of Gods.