Science Forums

What The Word Life Means To Me.

pljames

My life means to me too understand I exist I see I question I know and then share that with others to convince myself I exist without a shadow of a doubt. This life is all I have and know, so I need to know everything about it I can learn. How can I learn, from others like me, from history these are the stepping stones to learning about me. The question still exists, why am I here? But I know I have a logical rational answer I can live with. I may look like others, but I do not think like others, because we all learn differently from others and relate your thoughts to our personal thoughts.

All of us are unique within our own perspectives. It would seem we are always searching for our identity through others. We seem to have a relatedness to each other and are always searching for it through others. If that is the case where did we lose our individuality to society? And in finding it our individuality why would we share it with others? Thoughts please. Paul

It would seem we are always searching for our identity through others.

What makes you think this? I may have done this at one time a long time ago. I am not aware of doing anything remotely like that now. Are you , perhaps, generalising from personal experience?

We seem to have a relatedness to each other and are always searching for it through others.

Now I am going to do the thing you hate and interpret what you said. Why? Because I don't understand what you mean. Obviously, unless we are hermits, we have a relatedness to each other. So no problem there. But you continue to say we are always searching for it. Are we? Some of us may be searching for it some of the time. I doubt anyone is searching for it all the time, i.e. throughout their life.

SO, I find myself shrugging my shoulders and saying, so what?

I am now questioning why I write. To me it is to inform or share my experiences with others and learn from them what they think in return. But I am beginning to feel like a grain of sand on a large beach that seem's to understand it might be the only intelligent piece there (the word pride comes to mind) so why try to communicate? Even after using Grammarly as a crutch to try to communicate is being to become a burden to me as well. I have stated I have a reading and writing cromprehension problem. I worry to much on being understood by the other person :(. I am to old to attempt to start over on how to read and be understood. Now I am thinking I have went overboard and deluded myself I can communmicate with others. Paul

May I ask how old you are? Unless you are older than, say, 103. I doubt you are too old too learn how to improve your reading comprehension and writing skills.

But I am beginning to feel like a grain of sand on a large beach that seem's to understand it might be the only intelligent piece there (the word pride comes to mind) so why try to communicate?
I certainly sense, through your many recent posts, that you are trying to reach out in some way. I have tried to respond in kind, sometimes providing the only response to some of your posts.

You may wish to consider this: in most cases your reply to my response has seemed to be along the lines of "Whatever, you are just not listening to what I have to say." If you spent a little more time reading and thinking about the responses you get rather than waving them off you might find some of the answers you are looking for.

You may also wish to consider why it is that you are currently feeling this powerful drive to communicate with others. Is this a recent drive? If so what has changed in your life to cause this drive to surface? If you have always felt this way, why do you think previous attempts have failed? Have they truly failed? Are there not settings in your life where effective and rewarding communication has been possible? I'm not looking for answers to these questions, but perhaps you should be.