Science Forums

Some questions about Physics..

Hey, what about my question :) It got left in the dust....Which is ok too...

Regarding "Why does everything spin?". As two enities come together, unless they just happen to be perfectly aligned for a head on collision, when they pass each other and are captured either by electrodynamics or gravity, they create elliptical orbits. Over time such orbits decay into more circular orbits.

The orbit is a function of momentum, etc.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding "Why does everything spin?". As two enities come together, unless they just happen to be perfectly aligned for a head on collision, when they pass each other and are captured either by electrodynamics or gravity, they create elliptical orbits. Over time such orbits decay into more circular orbits.

The orbit is a function of momentum, etc.

Not the orbit the actual spinning, the turning around of things....the planets are still orbiting and the orbit is decaying, but is different than the spinning? Would things continue to do what they do if they didn't spin around(not orbit).

Not the orbit the actual spinning, the turning around of things....the planets are still orbiting and the orbit is decaying, but is different than the spinning? Would things continue to do what they do if they didn't spin around(not orbit).

I guess I wan't that clear. I was applying the physics of orbit to the construction of particles. i.e - quarks, gluons, etc., must also come together and the spinning particle is actually comprised of sub-atomic components which are whirling around each other.