Science Forums

HELP!!! two-tailed students unpaired t-test??

Nix

help me help me help me!!! :eek:

ive just realised that i didnt do statistical analysis on one results section of my thesis, nor did i write out the method. ive moved from my home in brisbane to canberra so i dont have any of my goodies. could anyone help me?? a formula, a description, a brain, anything!!!ive searched the web but donuts

cheers

Could you tell us more about your thesis and the nature of the data. There are so many statistical methods for analyzing different data sets with varying goals that we couldn't possibly guess what kind of help it is that you're seeking.

bah. righto.

ive got 5 serial dilutions of serum + a control that has been added to cultures with virus. So i end up with 6 different growths of virus = pfu/ml. this is done in triplicate. id like to get a standard deviation, standard mean and standard error for each dilution, plus compare the standard means of all 6 dilutions to see if the difference is significant. also, in some experiments i had more than 5 serial dilutions, so id need to compare between 6 and 10 standard means. this is probably all simple stuff but its disappeared from my brain

cheers

ps - my thesis investigated the possibility of a newly discovered virus using the immune systems antibody response to enhance its infectivity.