Science Forums

Hi everyone!

peacegirl

My name is peacegirl and I am here to introduce a new discovery regarding determinism. I am not the author; he passed away in 1991. I was not sure how I should introduce myself as the minute I mention a discovery, people get uneasy. But the truth is, this discovery has the potential to change our world in a revolutionary way, so why should I hide this out of fear that someone will be angry that I made such claims? I have just compiled a book that will be out shortly, and I hope I am welcome. I have been to some websites that are extremely hostile because they doubt me and they try in every way to prove me wrong. They did not carefully listen but were ready to confront me in such a way that it put a damper on anything I tried to explain. I am excited about this book and I am only here to share this knowledge. This is not a religious work. It is strictly scientific if the reader is able to follow the reasoning. Because of a low budget I am trying to let people know about this new knowledge by word of mouth. If these claims hold any weight, then I am sure people will share this book with others. That is my hope! I have done the compilation but I have no idea how it will be received. I will to continue to reach out to those who have the power to validate the findings and allow science to take over from there. Eventually, this knowledge will come to light because the insight into our true nature is not something that is imagined; it is part of the real world but was never perceived until now. You are the first forum I have discussed this with, as I am waiting for the final proof any day now. Thanks for listening. :friday:

Welcome to Hypography. You'll find plenty of people to discuss determinism with here. That doesn't mean they'll agree with your position though. It is the nature of scientific discussion that either side of a topic will expect the other side to support their claim. It is a popular topic here though, so jump in and enjoy :friday:

Hi, let me be the first to point out some contradictions:

I have been to some websites that are extremely hostile because they doubt me and they try in every way to prove me wrong. They did not carefully listen but were ready to confront me in such a way that it put a damper on anything I tried to explain.

and

You are the first forum I have discussed this with, as I am waiting for the final proof any day now. Thanks for listening. :eek:

welcome to the forums!

:friday:

Hi, let me be the first to point out some contradictions:

and

welcome to the forums!

:friday:

Rocky, I meant that I have not been to any forums since waiting for the final proof. I should have made myself more clear. So much for contradictions. :eek:

Welcome to Hypography. You'll find plenty of people to discuss determinism with here. That doesn't mean they'll agree with your position though. It is the nature of scientific discussion that either side of a topic will expect the other side to support their claim. It is a popular topic here though, so jump in and enjoy :friday:

Thanks for the welcome Clay. I am really not into discussin which forces me to defend my position. Let me explain because people will take this the wrong way. Unfortunately, because my definition of determinism is not about a first cause, and because I have already anticipated the many arguments that come from this idea, I must refrain from trying to argue with a definition that has no meaning in the way it is defined in my book.

I know I was just taking a shot at you, get used to it in these forums, it was all in good fun though. :friday:

No problem Rocky. So what do you suggest I do now, start a thread or just join in other people's conversations? I don't plan on staying too long as I have to work on my website and begin marketing, but I do want to give people an idea of what the book is about and a link if they want to go to the website. I am learning FrontPage so eventually I will add excerpts from some of the chapters. At this point, I have only posted the foreword.

I wouldn't suggest posting links to the book unless they are relevant to a current thread that you are discussing in, the best way to tick people off is to blatantly advertise something.

Thanks for the tip; I won't link anything unless people are interested in the discussion at hand. I hope to start a new thread and see where it leads. I am trying my best not to tick people off. I hope I can achieve this.

If you can achieve posting here and not pissing off at least 1 person then you should run for president.

Thanks, but no thanks! :eek: Actually, I already anticipate a lot of discussion but I have learned that some types of conversation do not add anything positive. For example, a lot of people like to name call. I don't know if this forum allows this or not but I don't think calling people names is necessary or desirable. I ended up getting booted off of one forum because I was so upset (very sensitive :friday: ) by the attacks that I attacked back. The administrator didn't like that. Ironically, that is not my style but I was trying to keep up with all the insults. It worked against me so I won't do that again.