Science Forums

Strange replies to “Why Doesn't The Speed Of Light Change?”

Dear David Jerome,

You asked why the speed of light is always constant, independent of the speed of the source? How is that possible? How does the magician of the universe pull this trick off? The speed of light is also a constant to the changing speed of an observer. The speed of radiation is independent of the speed of the source and the speed of the observer. How is it possible? If I tell you the answer here I will ignite a firestorm of opinion and distraction that will end up wasting my time. But it is unfair to leave anyone interested in this hanging so WTHz.

Here is the reason, forboding music starts up...

The speed of light is always constant as measured by the observer because the observer is modulating the speed of light and doesn't even have A freaking clue that it is he/she that is controlling the speed. You see, as CraigD pointed out, Michaelson and Morley looked for an either and couldn't find one. But what CraigD didn't tell you is that there was one place that Michaelson and Morley forgot to look and therefore never tested. Could the aether of space, the fabric of space itself, be generated from within all mass and energy as a point of origin, energy transfer into a wave with a constant Speed, frequency and wavelength and this fundamental wave , emitted from even light itself, constructively interfere with the observer and therefore obey the observers laws. This is the reason behind the Lorenz covariance or Einstein's special relativity, and even general relatitivity for that matter. You see David, any generated wave has the capacity for relativity when measured by an observer but with light, electromagnet fields decaying into monopole gravitational waves and those waves creating a constructive wave interference with other gravitational waves continuously generated, the whole universe runs individually by local laws but there is still an overall grip on the universe by space itself, the gravitational wavefront continuously added to by all mass and energy. The reason we do not see mass and energy decreasing is because it is being continuously replenished by stars and observations of independent galaxies will show up as gravitational energy loss but even that is hard to detect because you can make a lot of two dimensional space out of a little three dimensional mass. See the 1993 Nobel Prize in Physics for indirect proof.

You see David, I can not give you an answer that is comprehensible with out giving you a much bigger picture than you anticipated.

So simply stated, the speed of light is modulated by the observer, the direction of the light is coming at the observer and the observer is in contact with the light through an intermediary, the continuously generated gravitational wave, generated by both the observer and the light and through constructive wave interference the lights' wave is guided by the observers more dense wave and the wave is guided and modulated in to the observer at a constant speed determined by the limits of constructive wave interference.

You are controlling the speed of light and you don't know it, lol.

Sincerely,

Storyteller

Edited by storyteller

What all physics has overlooked, there are three forms of matter.

Mass- particle

Energy- particle/wave duality

Space- the monopole gravitational wave.

Everything has wave like characteristics because everything eventually decays into space itself. Space, created at the big bang via released monopole gravitational waves and still being added to by each piece of mass and energy until the universe eventually is 100% space.

Time, space and gravity are fundamental actions of this decay process. For example dark energy is the actions of Newton's laws of motion. A force created at the big bang is continually added to through constructive wave interference from the remaining mass and energy as the mass and energy decrease the continually shrinking mass and energy get faster and faster. This is the reason behind dark energy. Space is expanding at a constant velocity but the mass and energy within space are increasingly accelerating until there is only space left.

Ie take a toilet paper roll and walk away holding the end. The toilet paper roll continues to accelerate toward you until it is all unwound and it only then matches your speed.

By visualizing how it is physically possible for the speed of electromagnetic radiation always to travel at a never changing speed there has to be a connection between the traveling EM field and the observer, no other waves work like this. The conncetion is decay of EM fields into gravitational waves and the observers EM also continuously decays, both fields are also continually replenished by their stars so the decay is not obvious. The observer's field is more dense and therefore the star lights field is subject to the rules of the observers generated local laws, lorenz covariance.

Essentially, all of physicists have not been able to think differently. Thinking differently, asking the right questions, putting all the puzzle pieces together leads to two NEW fundamental actions, laws.

1). All mass and energy continuously decay into monopole gravitational waves. (space-time is the action of this process)

2). Gravity is the heads of a two sided coin. Dark energy and dark matter is the tails.

a). Gravity is the reaction to the action of constructive wave interference of continuously emitted waves from all mass and energy. When continuously emitted waves align and change the center of their overall direction, creating a wavefront, the masses or energies emitting the waves also change spacially and are forced towards the new center of the combined waves new wavefront. In effect, space is a universe run by constructive wave interference. (dark matter)

B). Dark energy is space from the big bang aligning with space continuously created from all mass and energy, pulling the shrinking mass and energy along with it.

Storyteller

Edited by storyteller

Light just propagates like a Newton's Cradle. Each little bump passes along a chain. But when you see balls bumping together in a Newton's Cradle you are looking from a great distance in scale. The atoms, and electrons are not doing the same things as you are seeing. So photons are doing more than bumping along, they are obeying physical laws that involve holes, spin, and scale. But the end result is a Newtons Cradle effect.

Notice that CraigD did not answer the question. Current theories avoid any direct answer, I gave you a direct answer but it is not yet mainstream and there is much resistance.

The answer is that the observer modulates the speed. Even in the principle of relativity, the laws of physics are local laws, Lorenz covariance. As an extension of relativity's principles I state that the laws that govern the constant speed of light are also local. It is the hidden mechanism of how it is possible that I explained in my previous post, which was transferred to the strange answer category. Even administrators can be biased when an unorthodox answer comes along. But absolute truth is absolute truth and my simple answer of how the speed of light remains constant in all reference frames is both logical and true, in theory.

Remember no other generated wave is constant independent from the movement of the source except EM radiation. So the simple "propagates like a wave" answer makes no sense. What does make sence is that the observer somehow modulates the speed of the source independent wave through a hidden variable. What I have described in my first post was the mechanism of the hidden variable.

With a tennis ball being thrown at an observer from a moving train, the speed of the train is intimately involved with how tennis ball impacts the observer's well being. But not with light, light is independent of the speed of where it comes from.

I am theorizing, correctly I believe, that the observer is generating a denser gravitational field than the photon so the photon has to obey the observer's field laws. The locally generated laws control the speed of the photon via constructively interfering with the photons generated gravitational wave.

It is so logical that it is embarrassingly simple.

For indirect proof see the 1993 Nobel Prize in Physics.

Edited by storyteller

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

What do you mean by "no other generated wave is constant independent from the movement of the source except EM radiation. So the simple "propagates like a wave" answer makes no sense"?? Light IS an EM wave, it IS electromagnetic radiation, if EM makes sense, so does light. Secondly a Photon has NO gravitational field at all, its totally massless, so I'm not sure how my field would interact with theirs? But I really like the theory that just being near something would make it obey our laws, it reminds me of collapsing a wave function in quantum mechanics.

Edited by allguitarsforme

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

David,does seem to have a valid point. Why is the speed of light constant ? The answer is that no-one really knows, or at least no accepted theory seems to account for it, although storyteller seems to have his own well thought out explanation of the phenomenon.

Just as in the case of Newton, who consummately explained the working of gravity but was unable to explain the causative factors behind gravity as shown by his famous quote:”Hypotheses non fingo “ ( I make no hypotheses). Einstein, never explained why the speed of light is constant, neither has anyone else, Einstein, in a stroke akin to the cutting of the Gordian knot, merely made it into “The principle of the constancy of light”. Just to check I visited the link posted by CraigD, and sure enough there it was; The Principleof the Constancy of Light. So now I am back full circle to where David Jerome was in his OP, ‘Why is the speed of light constant ?’