Science Forums

Survey on media selection - 300$CAN prize

Hi,

I'm a Master student from HEC Montreal. My main domain of concentration is Information Technology. I’m actually writing a thesis about the selection of communication media implicating people from different nationalities/countries.

My goal is to test that different cultures have different perceptions about the communication media that fits a given task.

For example, if you want to communicate a change in the specifications of a computer program, some people would say that Email is the appropriate communication media while others would think using the phone is better. These different choices may depend on peoples’ culture.

So, I would be grateful to you if you could fulfil my questionnaire.

Here is the address: http://spamlink deleted

We have estimated that it should last approximately 20 minutes to fulfil the questionnaire.

Moreover, the questionnaire will give you the chance to participate to a drawing of a 300$CAN gift certificate redeemable at http://more spam.

Thanks for your participation and, should you have any questions, comments or suggestions, write me at spammer's email deleted too.

Thanks,

Gailor

good job C1ay,

cant say that this is an interesting subject to discuss anyways, well, yeah different cultures have different perceptions on the most efficient way to communicate, but it is very much dependant on their cultures, and while American(a hypothetical example) software developers might want to communicate via email, and Chinese for example (hypothetically) would like to talk in a chat room, and Japanese(another example) would rather setup a forum and discuss everything on there, and Polish(last example) people would rather call each other, so ... who cares? means of communication are influenced by the society, if the group of people have become to like and rely on one type of communications, then that is what they will use to communicate while trying to do a project...