Science Forums

Photon Accelleration Hypothesis

A question that has troubled me for sometime and seems to trouble others as well is the question of how light can be invariant yet has to apparently accelerate from zero to 'c'.

So we have two opposing positions:

1] that light is invariant and can not accelerate,

2] that light is not invariant because it has to accelerate to 'c'.

I believe there is a solution to this conundrum and it lies in defining the concept of what is zero velocity. I would contend that relative zero velocity is a universsal 'c'

I would like to veneture that a photon does not need to accelerate to 'c' simply because it is always at the same velocity as the mass that emmitts it which is already 'c'

The following 2 animations shows my idea in principle:

This diagram shows our masses alternating energy which must pass through a zero energy state to go on to the other pole. In doing so it releases an alternating charged photon at the same velocity as it self. The frequency of light being the distance that the mass has to travel within itself to release a photon wave.

This is further supported by the following anmation incorporating AE's Light cones.

In all what this means is that I am hypothesising that a photon is always at 'c' and never has to acceleerate as the mass that is emitting it is also always at 'c' [within itself]

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated..... :(

All particles with rest mass zero travel at c, the velocity of light which in a vacuum is a DEFINED quantity; they are NOT accelerated to that velocity they EXIST ONLY AT THAT SPEED and no other!

ALL particles with rest mass of a finite value can NOT travel at the velocity of light unless someday it is shown that Einstein's relativistic theories do not hold for their mass is dependent on their velocity as:

m=m0/sqrt[1-r^2] with r=v/c where v is the magnitude of the velocity of the particle or its speed and c is the speed of light and m0 is the rest mass of the particle. Notice that m, the relativistic mass goes towards an infinite value as v approaches c so it takes more and more force to accelerated the mass to an ever closer speed to c.

ALL experiments accelerating particles in particle accelerators and other means have supported Einsteins postulates so-far and more precise testing is scheduled soon.

love and peace,

and,

peace and love,

(kirk) kirk gregory czuhai LOVES ! :(

p.s. :( Happy Mothers Day !

i'm sorry, but i dont understand your pictures... :hyper:

as for the problem: if you indeed consider light as particles in the classical sense, you're right, however within Quantum mechanics there's no real problem with particles created from vacuum, and already having a certain velocity; in fact it happens all the time.

in the case of light, (or any massless particles), the speed at which it leaves is a priori fixed at c.

In fact it would be very problematic if the light indeed had to be accelerated, because then there has to be some force 'pushing' the photon away. Now the trick question: what would cary this force?

Bo