Science Forums

My theory of a possible 5th dimension

Don Cristo

QUOTE: "make sure you don,t stand in one place to long as time is always moving"

what makes you think that time is moving? try and comprehend it in its unity past,

present, future alike : and in its totality it is identical to eternity. there is but 1 time as there is 1 space.

past is not the non existing, but the experienced, the future would also be the non existing but that of which we have not experienced yet. only the present exists. so thus time is primarily an order of relations

in our expirience. let us look into this de ja vu. This is not you traveling into the future. and under what means would it be proper for one to sparaticly and randomly go into the future and experience a

a brief moment in time. remember that as this de ja vu is taking place, you are remebering it as it proceeds, you are not going to know what will happen around that next corner, until you have gone around that corner, then you will realize, and remeber. So, while the de ja vu is gradualy happening, you are gradually recalling it to your memory. What i am trying to establish is that there is no pre-knowledge of what will happen during the de ja vu, you dont no what will happen in the future. And to also help sharpen my point, do we ever have the choice to change what is going to happen in the de ja vu? how could we change it like you said if it already happened in the future, that we already experienced.

wepe, WELCOME!! Wouldn't have guessed you as an ADAM, but thanks for the info. Changing your avatar is pretty easy, even *I* did it with no problem.

Can I suggest that you take your post and use it to start a new topic, and possibly title it deja vu? (Have we had one of those before? I think so... I seem to recall sitting here reading about it happening before... Oh never mind!! ;>P )

If you need help creating a new topic with your post, please just let one of us know. I'd do it, but I think you would benefit from the experience of doing it yourself. Just create a new topic, and cut/paste your above post into the new topic.

Thanks, and I look forward to reading what you have to say. This looks to be interesting...

Go easy on him, Unc, he's trying ;>)

Originally posted by: wepe

let us look into this de ja vu. This is not you traveling into the future. and under what means would it be proper for one to sparaticly and randomly go into the future and experience a brief moment in time. remember that as this de ja vu is taking place, you are remebering it as it proceeds, you are not going to know what will happen around that next corner, until you have gone around that corner, then you will realize, and remeber. So, while the de ja vu is gradualy happening, you are gradually recalling it to your memory. What i am trying to establish is that there is no pre-knowledge of what will happen during the de ja vu, you dont no what will happen in the future. And to also help sharpen my point, do we ever have the choice to change what is going to happen in the de ja vu? how could we change it like you said if it already happened in the future, that we already experienced.

OK,....I see what you're saying. I too have had these experiences. I have found myself playing cards with friends or family, driving down the road, etc...etc.... and had the feeling that I had experienced this before,... and even could predict the outcome. I knew verbatum on several occasions how the conversation would proceed. However, I could not say anything to the nature of my prior knowledge, as that would change the outcome. I have been in situations where I knew to hit the brakes hard, for no apparent reason,... and low and behold,... a kid crosses what would have been my path, had I not slowed down.

I explain these occurences by the simple fact that I have never experienced them with total strangers or doing something that is not a repetitive action. I must accept that,....however real these experiences DO appear, that it is nothing more than a misinterpretation of familiar neurons firing,...or subconscious input being acted upon. This is a rather disappointing concept, but the only realistic explanation I have.

I like your explanation, Unc.

I read a book a few months back that tends to support what you are saying. It suggested that your 'gut feelings' are actually based on very real factors that your senses detect, and that you should 'listen' to these 'gut feelings' as they usually represent more than just 'gut feelings'. That is a gross simplification of the point, and I hope it makes sense. Basically what the author said was that if you are driving down the road and you have the unexplainable urge to hit the brakes, and then you round the corner and there is a speed trap, it doesn't mean that you are psychic, but that your senses probably already deduced the speed trap but could not communicate "speed trap" to your brain as clearly and quickly as "SLOW DOWN!". It has to do with similar patterns (ie - good place for a speed trap), and previous situations (ie - seeing a speed trap there before), and other things (ie - perhaps noticing the brake lights of a car at the edge of the corner, but not really 'noticing' them on a conscious level, just as a light shift or something). Anyhow, that's my take on it.

Deja vu in the essence of how it was portrayed in the Matrix though? No, I don't buy it.

Umm, actually my de ja vu post is a reply to Michael, and what he said early about and dreams and stuff... this de ja vu post is not talking about the same thing as my early post, sorry if i have clustered

up some kind of confusion

QUOTE : "OK,....I see what you're saying. I too have had these experiences. I have found myself playing cards with friends or family, driving down the road, etc...etc.... and had the feeling that I had experienced this before,... and even could predict the outcome. I knew verbatum on several occasions how the conversation would proceed. However, I could not say anything to the nature of my prior knowledge, as that would change the outcome. I have been in situations where I knew to hit the brakes hard, for no apparent reason,... and low and behold,... a kid crosses what would have been my path, had I not slowed down.

I explain these occurences by the simple fact that I have never experienced them with total strangers or doing something that is not a repetitive action. I must accept that,....however real these experiences DO appear, that it is nothing more than a misinterpretation of familiar neurons firing,...or subconscious input being acted upon. This is a rather disappointing concept, but the only realistic explanation I have."

i dont understand what your getting at :/