Science Forums

You Know You Are Talking To A Geek When...

So we have had a similar discussion a while back titled "you know you are a geek when", but how do you know for sure if you are talking to a geek.

I'll start off:

You know you are talking to a geek when they have a nerdgasm when you tell them that all you are trying to do is setup an ipsec tunnel over mpls on an ospf network between two nssa asbr routers such that this traffic falls into your cs5 qos domain in the 4th queue at 3% max...

You know you are talking to a geek when the term "double D" is met with a perplexing look pondering how one can have a two-sided die...

You know you are talking to a geek when the term "trial and terror" is both endearing and relaxing...

You know you are talking to a geek when they solve a tedious data entry problem with a 15 line script and threaten to replace you with it...

You know you are talking to a geek when the conversation starts with "So i was fuzzing against [insert any application here] last night"...

Nobody biting yet? Hmm ok here come more ways to identify geeks.

You know you are talking to a geek when you realize that the carry a roll of CAD drawings and a mechanical pencil just to pretend to be an engineer. A tell-tale sign is the CAD drawing actually being covered with XKCD cartoon-type doodles...

You know you are talking to a geek when every story that they tell starts with "So this one time, i was having coffee with [blank]".

You know you are talking to a geek when the topic of robotic arms is met with a reaction of someone who has built a few...

You know you are talking to a geek when they tell you that they have upgraded their liveware to version 2.0 and are no longer compatible with sleep.

You know you are talking to a geek when they run an odd number of monitors that are no smaller than 22" across.

You know you are talking to a geek when phrases like "I find your lack of faith disturbing." and "These aren't the droids you're looking for", constantly appear in your conversation.