Science Forums

Nibiru

*melkie*

I have read a lot of stories about this 12th planet. People have been claiming it to be real years ago! Now I have seen it with my own eyes. Well kinda, I couldn't actually look with my own eyes because the sun would burn my eyes. It is so close to the sun that people can't see it. I saw photos online of this mystery planet and so I thought maybe I can get a shot. Sure enough I did!

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd419/8Melkie8/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0308.jpg

This photo was taken from my iPhone on the way to work. You can see the sun at the top left... Also!!! Notice that there is that telephone pole in the photo. I zoomed in to the same object so you would know! the first photo is not camera glare.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd419/8Melkie8/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0309.jpg

Like I said I took these myself. I am going to take some tomorrow at the same exact time to see if it has moved at all or vanished. This planet has been written about.

Welcome to hypography, Melkie :)

Please be sure to read our site rules, especially the first and one of the most important: back up your claims with links and references. Your first posts don’t follow them. If you want to keep posting at hypography, you must.

I have read a lot of stories about this 12th planet. People have been claiming it to be real years ago!

You’re correct – people have been claiming that a giant planetoid, named Nibiru, is on a collision course with Earth since 1995, when Nancy Lieder claimed to have been informed of it by extraterrestrial visitors who implanted a communication device in her brain. Her and other believers’ claims are considered pseudoscientific – that is, wrong – by scientists, because there’s essentially no possibility of a body matching the predictions supposedly supplied by these ETs would not have been detected by current telescope observations.

It’s pretty easy to understand why it doesn’t make sense that such a body would be observable only near the sun for more than 1 year. Nibiru is said by its believers to be on an orbit where it spends most of its time far from the Sun, like a comet. Were this the case, an observation of it near the Sun would be an observation in the night sky 6 months later, because the Earth would have traveled to the opposite side of the Sun in that time, while Nibiru would have traveled only a short distance.

You can read more about this at the Wikipedia article Nibiru collision and via its links.

Do you think it is possible to see the planet now. Have you found any photos. How do you know for sure it's real. I was skeptical about it. I think I have seen it though! I have a photo. Would you all e interested in seeing it?

It's not possible to see Nibiru with the naked eye or a telescope, because it doesn't physically exists. It's a recently invented myth, believed in only by people who are not experienced in astronomy.

The wikipedia article linked to in my previous post has a brief explanation, and links to more detailed ones.