Science Forums

Scientific Proof of God?

Aemeth

So...the gap between what our brains could be and what they are is what creates god? Doesn't that kind of destroy the meaning of god though, if it is created by a gap between potential and actual then he obviously cannot create anything. All in all, the entire website is terrible, unscientific, and obviously not well thought out.

I'm a believer Aemeth, but this article proves nothing. If you have faith in God there is no need to continue to try and prove it. Hebrews 11:5.......NOW FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. If faith is the evidence of things not seen, things which cannot be seen "observed or otherwise identified" cannot be proved. There is non so blind as he who will not see, and there is no proof for one without faith.

I'm a believer Aemeth, but this article proves nothing. If you have faith in God there is no need to continue to try and prove it. Hebrews 11:5.......NOW FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. If faith is the evidence of things not seen, things which cannot be seen "observed or otherwise identified" cannot be proved. There is non so blind as he who will not see, and there is no proof for one without faith.
Sorry, Inf. Hebrews 11:1. Ok. I am compulsive.

Civility, please, UA.

Uncle Al says, "for stupidity to triumph good men need do nothing."

Tracking some mud into the parlour is a breach of etiquette. Defecating on the parlour rug brings out the shotgun. There is an imporant difference between the two events and it must be addressed.

Your ignorance, incompetence, and psychosis are not of interest to the world at large. Quite the contrary. You are not even an interesting laughingstock.

http://www.freefarts.com/farts.html

Move cursor over blinkers to hear Hammond lecture.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare.swf

If this thread is not even an interesting laughingstock, why are you showing us your interest?????????????????????????????

I think the key word there is unseen. Science deals with what can be observed and to an extent at least the effects witnessed. There really is no honest, outside of faith, proof of God.

Faith by nature is something personal. Logic and faith do not co-exist very well. Usually logic eventually leads to head knowledge alone which tends to vacate faith and the position and place it is supposedto have. The only "proof" of God is in the hearts and minds of the believer. Outside of that one cannot prove God or for that matter, unless one calls lack of evidence a proof, disprove God. On that note, we had no proof at one point in history that a lot of things now known where true. Yet, that does not make them then anyless true. Not that I expect we will one day find any proof of God. But to the real believer God is real irrespective of the lack of evidence.

As Buffy pointed out in another post there are scientists who believe in evolution and in God. Linda calls them split personalities. I just see them as people who believe God exists and also at the same time believe the evidence science has on how creation came about. I did not say its not an odd mixture. But somehow they manage both positions and find comfort in both. They simply see evolution as the tool God used.

Logic and faith do not co-exist very well. Usually logic eventually leads to head knowledge alone which tends to vacate faith and the position and place it is supposedto have. The only "proof" of God is in the hearts and minds of the believer. Outside of that one cannot prove God or for that matter, unless one calls lack of evidence a proof, disprove God. On that note, we had no proof at one point in history that a lot of things now known where true. Yet, that does not make them then anyless true. Not that I expect we will one day find any proof of God. But to the real believer God is real irrespective of the lack of evidence.
I think you're absolutely right about "one cannot prove God or for that matter...disprove God." I, as a believer, am pretty convinced that's exactly how God planned things. The Bible says: (I picture so many scowling) - "Without faith, it is impossible to please God, for he who comes to Him must first believe that He exists...". It really can't get much more plain than that. As far as logic and faith not co-existing very well, that all depends on faith also. To the person who is fully convinced that science is the antithesis of faith in God, how can he or she ever hope to see things that are by nature invisible; in essence - spiritual? If God is truly God, and the Bible is truly the inpired word of God, then one day we will all see that the evidence has always been right there for all to see, the same evidence that was used to give credibility to evolution is the same evidence that proves creation, we just never understood it because we wern't trying to see it that way. We had blinders on that could only see within the framework of this deified evolutionary model. We couldn't concieve of the idea that the model was wrong. It's like having a puzzel and forcing the pieces to fit together in a way they were never ment to go. Some pieces may actually go together pretty well, and you are encouraged to think "that means I'm doing it right!" but in reality the picture is nothing like the orriginal. But if you can convince enough people that's the way it's supposed to look, and they convince others, it becomes the new norm; in spite of the fact that it's totally erroneous. And pretty soon any one who ever knew what it was supposed to look like is branded as a flake, who doesn't have any idea what they're talking about. - If you're still with me, I'm saying that logic and faith go perfectly well together for those who have faith. (In God).

BEAKER, your last statement was very nicely put!! I have read some stuff by James Putnam and I like his ideas a lot. I haven't studied his work, but would like to. I think he is hitting on some really good points, I am not saying he is including faith in his work, but he's getting close. Including what he calls (I think) a Natural Unity, to add intelligence and life to physics, or to combine them..We may not be able to prove God exists like Christians would like God to be, but I believe the energy in us and other matter may be a part of the collective of God..I have my own long winded theory about the collective of "God", but I sound nutty enough as it is..