Science Forums

Fostering Evaloution

SkipMinter

First things first. I cant spell that well, your going to see alot of misspelled words in this.

I had a thought last week about all the speices that have lived on this planet. I think that something besides natural selection might be at work. After many more hours of thought, I came up with this. Every so offten the magnetic poles switch, and for a wile theres no magnetic shild to protect life on the surfice from high energy cosmic rays. i say that its this that pushes eveloution more than anything. On this line of thought, where "population centers" and how much do you think mutations are going to show up in humans after this round?

First things first. I cant spell that well, your going to see alot of misspelled words in this.

I had a thought last week about all the speices that have lived on this planet. I think that something besides natural selection might be at work. After many more hours of thought, I came up with this. Every so offten the magnetic poles switch, and for a wile theres no magnetic shild to protect life on the surfice from high energy cosmic rays. i say that its this that pushes eveloution more than anything. On this line of thought, where "population centers" and how much do you think mutations are going to show up in humans after this round?

First of all radiation does indeed cause mutations but if what you suggest occurred natural selection would still decide who lives and who dies, evolution is driven by natural selection of organisms, the source of the variation is not important, only the mechanism that sorts out the unfit is important in evolution, BTW use the spell check, i can't spell either...