Science Forums

Iboga As Treatment

Ganoderma

Iboga has been used for a long time in Africa. Recently it has been used to treat drug addiction, bad drugs like alcohol, heroin and cocaine.

It has been shown, that with the ad of a "counselor" to aid in the experience it can render hugely great results..as in sometimes not craving the drug anymore.

Iboga does also have a hallucinatory effect, which is probably why places like the USA have banned it.

I read a little bit about the reasoning why and some thinnk it is because it is also a kind of delleriant, and works on the same part of the brain as memory. one person who is/was a master in Gabon said it can sort of help your brain forget about the addiction. As the therapy often lasts a few days, that also helps detox the body and help with physical addiction.

as bazaar a reason as this may seem, if the USA bans a substance, i often tend to think that it probably works pretty well lol....just kidding.

kind of.

I am sure some of you have access to online journals, i dont, and there are a LOT of recent studies (2000-now) done on iboga.

I personally know a man who was addicted to herion for 2 years, and is now clean after getting treated with iboga. he had a guide with him, and it took 2 1/2 days. expensive to get done......so right away people will think its snake oil.....but $4000 to stop heroin, which he paid in just over a month on heroin anyway, is not bad. when we look at what te hospitals give people, which is not really much better than the street drugs except they are cleaner and depending on country, cheaper.

Anyone else read about this?

Iboga has been used for a long time in Africa. Recently it has been used to treat drug addiction, bad drugs like alcohol, heroin and cocaine.

Iboga does also have a hallucinatory effect, which is probably why places like the USA have banned it.

as bazaar a reason as this may seem, if the USA bans a substance, i often tend to think that it probably works pretty well lol....just kidding.

As long as the USA is ruled by the religious right ethnogens will be banned, however useful.

It offers too different a reality to the protestant ethic.

Ethnogens are far too threatening to the power bases of established religions-- as his is how they started/start

James Duke who runs herbal tours to the Amazon has an interesting story to tell.

He tends to avoid ethnogenic herbs himself but had one young girl try it.

She imagined/saw her brother had died and found the experience v. upsetting.

They were isolated in the jungle, and a week later when she got to the city/airport, she got a message from the US that her brother had died