Science Forums

Massive censorship of Digg uncovered

Moontanman

Or is it the result of a free society and win at any cost mentality of the Political Right?

A group of nearly one hundred conservatives have banded together on a Yahoo Group called Digg Patriots (DP), and a companion site at coRanks to issue bury orders and discuss strategies to censor Digg and other social media websites.

Or maybe just the win at any cost by a 100 cheaters? You could make the same statement about the liberal left following Dan Rather's "make the news up if you have to in order to win" mentality. Then again, both cases are simply an example of a minority in the group making the rest look bad. Did your teacher make the whole class sit in the corner when you or one of your classmates misbehaved?

Or maybe just the win at any cost by a 100 cheaters? You could make the same statement about the liberal left following Dan Rather's "make the news up if you have to in order to win" mentality. Then again, both cases are simply an example of a minority in the group making the rest look bad. Did your teacher make the whole class sit in the corner when you or one of your classmates misbehaved?

Ok, i admit it was a bit of a dig at the political right but can you really justify such behavior by saying the other side does it too? It upsets me to think anyone would try to suppress information that disagrees with their world view! Doesn't it upset you to think that a few people would try to suppress information to support their world view? To me it's the same as lying, blatant lies, misinformation and cover ups are just as bad no matter who does them...