Science Forums

Are we "Things" or "Events"

Vox

I think you are jumping ahead. You need to think more on the definition of the topic, because you've not really nailed that down. The topic is "Are we things or events". The important question, to me, is how you are defining "we" in that sentence. It seems to me that "we" may be regarded as either "things" or "events" depending on how you define "we". Think on that...

Also you need to consider CraigD's comments, which contain, in my opinion, a valuable insight into the question. You should think on that too...

Sure "I am all over the place". I am trying to nail down the wording /words, that is the issue..how to transform in a way abstract concept from my mind to solid, clear question ..

Sure "I am all over the place". I am trying to nail down the wording /words, that is the issue..how to transform in a way abstract concept from my mind to solid, clear question ..

so again, strange loop. i encourage you, as i have others, to buy the book :sherlock:, read it :bow:, & then let's discuss it :turtle:. it is all over your topic like sweet on a sucker. please? :cap: it tastes like caaaandy! :idea: :ideamaybenot:

so again, strange loop. i encourage you, as i have others, to buy the book :sherlock:, read it :bow:, & then let's discuss it :turtle:. it is all over your topic like sweet on a sucker. please? :cap: it tastes like caaaandy! :idea: :ideamaybenot:

Turtle, All right, then. I`ll buy the book

:ohdear: schweet! if you do read it, i'll read it again. here's the thread that put me onto strange loops :hihi:; there are some quotes there as well as a couple links to related material. >> I think, therefore, I am

DH´s "The mind´s I", now, first time reading his texts.. more than interesting and how my feeble thought´s are resonating in the text:clue:

DH´s "The mind´s I", now, first time reading his texts.. more than interesting and how my feeble thought´s are resonating in the text:clue:

i guess it's something. however hofstadter didn't write most the essays in that work, it's 30 years old, and strange loop reflects his current thinking. no worries; no one else is keen to read & discuss it either. :hihi: funny event-thingy bags of water, aint we? :ohdear:

i guess it's something. however hofstadter didn't write most the essays in that work, it's 30 years old, and strange loop reflects his current thinking. no worries; no one else is keen to read & discuss it either. :hihi: funny event-thingy bags of water, aint we? :ohdear:

Softness, tenderness and flexibilty are our true strenght´s...I like these kind of parodoxical statements..forces you to use your brain to a bit more than "calculus" type of activities..

PS, I agree, in this "The mind´s I" book, ideas are still a bit feeble and forming state towards more holistic concepts..