Science Forums

Could you please help my son with his project

skywalker100

My son has a large number of bio questions to do and cannot seem to find the answers to the following. As a non scientific person I would really appreciate some help in explaining these problems to him.

1. Suppose a drug had the same size and shape as a substrate and fit into an enzyme’s active site. Explain how the drug could affect the enzymatic reaction rate. What is the term for this type of substance or reaction? (2 marks)

3. Glucose travels in the plasma or liquid part of your blood but cholesterol (triglycerides) travel bound to protein carriers in the blood. Based on their respective chemical properties, explain the reason for this difference. (2 marks)

8. Cyanide is a poison that very specifically blocks the transport of electrons in the electron transport chain. Based on the purpose of this part of cellular respiration, why would you hypothesize that cyanide is so deadly? (1 mark)

12. Many of us love our coffee or energy drinks to give us more energy. Why could we not simply use a pill or inject ATP into the blood to get energy directly instead? Consider the structure of ATP and be sure to address both ingesting and injecting it. (2 marks, 1 for each explanation)

thanks so much!

Answering one question is help, doing several is not the purpose of the assignment which is to reinforce key learning objectives.

Regardless of what level of science it is, by not reading and doing your own work - YOU LOSE out on the learning opportunity.

Besides, there's some pretty malicious people here....they might give you the wrong answers!!! :)

Within less than 2 minutes I found the answers to all the questions using Google. Each question has key words you search, obvious from the questions. Tell your son to turn off the video games and get to work thinking about biology--I know--not an easy task.