Science Forums

The human soul isolated, probed...

Boerseun

...I kid you not.

Check the incredibly assholishly stoopid claim made by the Church of Scientology:

In July of 1952, L. Ron Hubbard became the first to scientifically isolate, measure and describe the human spirit, while objectively demonstrating spiritual potentials well in advance of scientific thought.

I would love to get my hands on the methodology ol' Ronnie employed in this particular experiment.

Scientologists: Idiots, one and all. I just thought I'd share this amazingly idiotic claim with you guys.

L.Ron Hubbard is one of my heroes. Arguably one of the greatest con artists in history, you just have to love his blatant self-aggrandizing methods. He was a pretty mean pulp SF author too.

I am in awe of an individual who publicly declares the public is dumb, that he will create a religion that plays on that dumbness, then goes ahead and does exactly that and makes a success of it. Brilliant. Pure brilliance. If there was a Nobel Prize for Cynicism then Ron would have won it every year he was alive.

Delightful.:read: