Science Forums

Hello Everyone!

REASON

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to take this opportunity with my first post to introduce myself. I am a father of two from Blue Springs, Missouri, a Construction Project Manager during the day, an avid golfer, a philosopher, and I have a deep passion and respect for science in all forms.

I confess that I do not have an extensive education in any particular realm of science, but I am facinated by scientific research and am eager to learn more wherever and whenever I can. I happened on to this site by accident, and read the entire thread dealing with Intelligent Design/Creationism and was compelled to toss in my two cents. I must say that I was thoroughly impressed with many of the posts from members here. The knowledge and detail of the information presented was astounding. I am not likely to be able to offer factual information in the same way.

My approach will be more like that of a moderator. I tend to use rationale, logic, and reason in forming my ideas and opinions based on my understanding of the world around me. I am not hard headed and am open to new and different ideas, but I am a mostly a pragmatist with a healthy dose of realist, and an agnostic. I tend to formulate most of my beliefs about the physical universe and the complexities of human social interaction on scientific research and analysis. I believe that is why I am attracted to this forum.

Thank you Tormod for welcoming me and offering me the opportunity to participate. I look forward to jumping in the mix from time-to-time.

REASON

Well, I wouldn't say that I am "a" reason. I chose the username for several reasons. I like to think that I am a voice of reason, and that I use reasoning to determine what I believe or understand about things. I also believe that everything has a reason, or, that there is a reason for everything. Science seeks to know the reasons, and therefore, I thought it would be appropriate here. Not to mention, I just liked the way it sounds.