Science Forums

Scepticism or deliberate denial/ shutting out of experience?

paigetheoracle

Life is an accidental stumbling upon things in my experience as death is a deliberate backing away from something (defense versus attack): If depression is suppressed anger, then it's a decision not to engage with life (change/ exchange).

To me it is no surprise that some people see ghosts and others don't - an angry person will frighten off off others, whether they have corporeal existence or not - just as open, friendly people are more likely to experience the paranormal as well as have 'close' relationships with others, in my opinion (or does resistance create persistence? i.e. somebody trying harder to get through to you because you're in denial as with Scrooge in Dicken's 'Christmas Carol': Could Schizophrenics have a poor relationship with the voices in their head, unlike mediums?).

The way I see it, reality is carrot and stick. By this I mean we head towards the light (tomorrow/ the new/ the different) and away from the dark (yesterday/ the old/ the same or similar). To me this is gravity or heavy matters (Deep Thought) as opposed to levity or light headed fun (See Alexander's post about motion, in thread 'A Funny Question' by Buddyzen in General Science Forums).

This to me explains the stance of sceptics and believers or the creative/ destructive (deconstructive).