Science Forums

Please Help

Guest Patricia Simmons

Guest Patricia Simmons

I am a new college student and my class is science. I am having a tough time with it this class. I've been out of school for some time now. I really could the hepl. Is ther anyone who can answer (2) questions for me or give some insight. Thanks

1. If muscle tissue was taken from the legs of a world class runner and a typical couch potato which would you expect to have a higher density os mitochondria? Why? What muscle biopsy taken from the biceps of a a weight lifter?

2. A scientist supsepts that the food in a nearby ecosystem may have been contaminated with radioactive nitrogen over a few months. Which substances in plants and animals could be examine for radioactivity to test his hypothesis?

I am a new college student and my class is science. I am having a tough time with it this class. I've been out of school for some time now. I really could the hepl. Is ther anyone who can answer (2) questions for me or give some insight. Thanks

1. If muscle tissue was taken from the legs of a world class runner and a typical couch potato which would you expect to have a higher density os mitochondria? Why? What muscle biopsy taken from the biceps of a a weight lifter?

2. A scientist supsepts that the food in a nearby ecosystem may have been contaminated with radioactive nitrogen over a few months. Which substances in plants and animals could be examine for radioactivity to test his hypothesis?

An article on the subject of your first question is here.

I think on your seciond question the answer would be amino acids since they contain nitrogen...