Science Forums

Hi, I am alternety

alternety

I have an eclectic interest in science and technology. Engineer by training and experience. I am eternally searching for a decent sample of unobtanium.

I was stimulated to actually get an ID here in a search for some semi-unobtanium.

I have been extensively searching for a source of a small quantity (5-50 lbs) of tech grade Ammonium Sulfamate. I am trying to take a look at uptake of the material in a specific plant in comparison to several other chemicals.

Anyone have a suggestion for a source?

I have an eclectic interest in science and technology. Engineer by training and experience. I am eternally searching for a decent sample of unobtanium.

I was stimulated to actually get an ID here in a search for some semi-unobtanium.

I have been extensively searching for a source of a small quantity (5-50 lbs) of tech grade Ammonium Sulfamate. I am trying to take a look at uptake of the material in a specific plant in comparison to several other chemicals.

Hi and welcome. And no I don't. lol

i have anti-semi-unobtanium up the wazzoo here. :twocents:

Ammonium Sulfamate CAS 7773-06-0

I did not say I can't find it. The problem is that it is either various reagent grades or in metric ton lots with import requirements. I suppose I could use a few pounds and then make a creative sculpture like a skiing mountain of the left overs then coat it with something to keep it dry; but I really don't want to go there. I have found all (well a lot of them anyway) the China/India/etc can supply web sites.

It is the quantity that is the kicker. The stuff is used as a fireproofing agent if that is any help. Plants view it a a fertilizer, but the molecule is twisted so it won't actually work. It sort of behaves like CO for humans (I know, it is different). It is taken up like O2, but then blocks the real thing. And you die. Better example is probably some of the fat and sweetener products that just don't work like the normal molecular form of the same stuff.

I am not a chemist. Please allow some poetic license. But send care packages of ammonium sulfamate.