Science Forums

Importance of Astrology Horoscope Matching

MCLELLAN31

Marriage is one of the most important events in a person’s life. Hence it is highly advisable to check the compatibility of the two people, in every possible means, before tying a knot. It’s better to spend a bit of time and money in finding out the astrology matching between the two people, than undergoing the pain of separation later. Vedic Indian astrology is one of the most authentic horoscope compatibility checking methods. Astrology Matching has been used by the Hindus, since ages, to choose the most matching couple. Beyond an ancestral practice, this is one of the best possible ways to know about the nature and compatibility of the two people who are about to enter in to the bliss of marital life. Astrologers use the basic principles of Vedic astrology to make a detailed compatibility analysis, and to provide a comprehensive report. Astrological matching of the horoscopes is an integral and deep rooted part of the Hindu society. People believe that this brings a harmonious and healthy marital life. It is believed that an astrologically incompatible couple would risk everything in their life, including their peace of mind. Beyond the ‘gun milan’ and the ‘manglik doshas’ astrology matching includes five major aspects to be satisfied, while comparing the horoscopes of two people.

1. The longevity of the relation has to be checked first. If a noticeable difference is noted in the longevity the proceedings have to be stopped then and there.

2. Mental makeup of the two – The partners should have a compatible mental makeup in order to enter a marital life. The metal wavelengths of two have to match perfectly or else would result in a strained relation and separation soon.

3. The horoscopes should have a positive indication regarding child birth

4. It should also indicate the good health of the partners.

5. There should not be any tendency of separation, in both the horoscopes

Although astrology seems to adress the interests of many people, it is not a science, and should not be confused with astronomy. This forum is for astronomy and cosmology. Hypography does not have a forum for astrology because, again, it is not science, which is the interest of the posters here. I believe there are many internet mediums for the discussion of astrology elsewere.

I believe astrology is a science that has a large margin of error, but not as large an error than alchemy, and other practices.

I was impressed by some birth chart descriptors of personality, but also recognized that the system of analysis/prediction of precise personality is extremely complex and subject to several degrees of interpetation errors, as well. So, essentially I believe the evidence thus far is inconclusive.

I believe my only course of providing any evidence that astrology should be considered worthy of further review and experiementation (hypothesis) is dependent on the premise that humans born at extra-terrestrial places will exhibit noticable personality characteristics compared to the general characteristics of "Earthlings." For example people born on the Moon might be less emotionally driven because the Moon is the emotion control, and those born on Mars would be less of the "alpha personality." Or, the findings could be something else, never the less, at least I have put forth the possible explanation should any significant personality characteristics be recognized following such accomplishments of human inter-planetary colonization.

Astrology is pure BS, it's been shown many times over to be nothing but BS.

It was actually shown to be BS once again on the showtime show Penn &Teller Bullshit! in the last couple weeks:

Showtime Official Site :: Schedules :: Program Details :: Penn & Teller: Bullshit!: Astrology

The whole thing is available for free on youtube:

YouTube - Penn and Teller Bullshit S07E02 part 1/4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgYiUeeeIFg

pars 2-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXKFgg-Pmhs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tuJH-EGt-M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Ja0o7tH_s

I remember while I was in college and on one of those date matching dates... :thumbs_up

We were discussing our majors (typical into like "What's your sign ?" is "What's your

major ?"). I told her it was Astrophysics. She went on to talk about how much she

liked Astrology.... :hihi: I said "wait a minute, Astrophysics not Astrology". "Astrology is not

a science". "Though, if it were I science, I would put it with Psychology".

She then pitched her beer in my face. Oops!

Seriously, there is a lot of logic in placing Astrology (attributes only) along with Psychology.

Characteristics are being matched up with times of the year. I felt this had to do with the

Ambient temperature at time of birth (or conception, take your pick). So compatibility

matching may have some credibility (next to none). The daily prediction (horoscopes) has

less than zero credibility. There is no field or exchange of energy that can account for it.

maddog

I remember while I was in college and on one of those date matching dates... :thumbs_up

We were discussing our majors (typical into like "What's your sign ?" is "What's your

major ?"). I told her it was Astrophysics. She went on to talk about how much she

liked Astrology.... :hihi: I said "wait a minute, Astrophysics not Astrology". "Astrology is not

a science". "Though, if it were I science, I would put it with Psychology".

She then pitched her beer in my face. Oops!

Seriously, there is a lot of logic in placing Astrology (attributes only) along with Psychology.

Characteristics are being matched up with times of the year. I felt this had to do with the

Ambient temperature at time of birth (or conception, take your pick). So compatibility

matching may have some credibility (next to none). The daily prediction (horoscopes) has

less than zero credibility. There is no field or exchange of energy that can account for it.

maddog

You make an interesting cosmological point in noting that a void is only measurable in apposition to matter of some kind; that only something can be "next to nothing." You could put that on the "Spacetime" thread.

What? What happened?

But seriously, your experiment on the connection of psychology to beer reminds me that one of the things that surprised me when I started studying pseudoscience was that one of those pseudosciences was psychoanalysis. Of course, it is pure pseudoscience since it depends on the memory of dreams and is therefore totally non-falsifiable. For a further explication of this theory, read Thurber's "Curb In The Sky."

Still, I'd like to get some gold. According to The Alchemy Website "Alchemy is a Science, teaching how to transform any kind of metal into another." One thing I couldn't find was what kind of metal works best. Any ideas?

--lemit

p.s. What were we talking about?

You make an interesting cosmological point in noting that a void is only measurable in apposition to matter of some kind; that only something can be "next to nothing." You could put that on the "Spacetime" thread.

Are you saying the "next to nothing" would coincide with "less than something". Maybe

we have a candidate for the "nothingness" that Michael Speaks of... hmmm... :scratchchin:

But seriously, your experiment on the connection of psychology to beer reminds me that one of the things that surprised me when I started studying pseudoscience was that one of those pseudosciences was psychoanalysis. Of course, it is pure pseudoscience since it depends on the memory of dreams and is therefore totally non-falsifiable. For a further explication of this theory, read Thurber's "Curb In The Sky."

I'll have to go look for that. You have piqued my interest. ;)

Still, I'd like to get some gold. According to The Alchemy Website "Alchemy is a Science, teaching how to transform any kind of metal into another." One thing I couldn't find was what kind of metal works best. Any ideas?

Maybe if you started with a little, you could find a process that makes more... ??? :eek_big:

p.s. What were we talking about?

Maybe what you really need is some Ginko Biloba.... :hyper:

maddog