Science Forums

A different kind of string theory question...

mmotion

hi everyone!

I've been on a quest to find books dealing with string theory, m theory, etc. I've found a few non-fiction books, but has anyone found any novels dealing with the subject? I've only found one called Daniel's Veil. This book seems to have an ideology that is similar, however, it is referred to as the "slim veil". I should be receiving this book from amazon in a few days, as I'm eager to read something that has a fictional correlation with the theory(s). Does anyone know of any other books like this one?

Thanks!

No I haven't myself read/found any fiction science or otherwise that cover string theory in any form.

I would like to find such. It would be fun to read. However, an author whom I just finished his most

recent book -- Michio Kaku, "Parallel Worlds" does discuss in it a number of Sci-Fi authors Greg Bear

(Eon) for one, engaging in some point he was making on physics. Not directly about String Theory

per se. It does cover Parallel Universes, GR and such.

An author whose books I haven't read (I think it is Barnes) does mention string theory a bit in his

first novel. In general you are looking for authors who have written this book in the last 25 years

or so. Good Luck!

Let us know what you find.... :cup:

Maddog

The string theory...wow....i was VERY intreged by the idea the first time i heard it. I too read about it in a book and then started discusiing it in a class with my physics teacher, and we blow the classes minds! Litteraly! I have pictures! But anyways...

The idea, SEEMS, nice...but idk...i am skeptical.

Op5