Science Forums

Cleanliness/Germaphobe OCD

It's extremely annoying, I want to end it now. Because of my OCD I have bad eczema on my hands and I waste loads of time, etc. How do I get cured without pills, psychiatry , etc.?

For the eczema:

Relieve Eczema Skin Symptoms With An Epsom Salt Bath

It is hard not to go crazy with all that intense itching and scratching of your irritated eczema skin. Short of using strong steroids, there is one treatment that you can try to alleviate the itchy symptoms. You may wish to consider taking an Epsom salt bath. ...

The full article gives the particulars, and you may find additional links on epsom salt for eczema via web search. :lol:

Results 1 - 10 of about 47,000 for salt bath for eczema

salt bath for eczema - Google Search

well Klungo, when we self diagnose there is room for error. I do not know of any cure per se, but i do know that your life can be improved. You really need to seek a professional and discuss this obsessive compulsion.He/she will be able to address the underlying triggers of this. Of course, you will have to be willing to be honest about your self and your fears.Allow a professional to guide you with the tools you need for a successful life:)