Science Forums

I'm here because I hope someone can help

Rika

My name's Erika and I by no means know much about science. I joined because I have some questions and hope maybe some of you folks can help.:hihi: To put it all in a nutshell I'm researching Forensic toxicology. Last May my Brother and siste -in-law were killed in a really bad accident. M.E.'s office did a blood alcohol test on my brother using blood from the pericardium sack. Long story short the results came back really high which is odd because he had not been drinking that day at all. So we had his vitreous fluid retested came back .02. Can anyone tell me how this could be? Why so high in the blood and not in the V ? And yeap just realized not suppose 2 submit question here....sorry.;)

Hello, Rika.

I don't think we've ever flogged anyone for asking a question during Introductions?

Welcome to Hypography. :magic:

As to your question, I'm surely not qualified to answer. But on the surface, it may be there was a lab mistake, and the first test was not done on a sample from your brother, but from someone else.

:shrug:

Good luck!