Science Forums

Need major help with a physics project O_O!!!

ok guys my teacher just told us we need to make an instrument and i do not want to make a stupid and lame guitar like everyone else is obviously going to do. i want to make a very originall project... this is going to make you think alot...... i want to make a violin ... I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me. the Instrument has to be able to play 5 different sounds (teacher called them notes).

Thank you guys,

ok guys my teacher just told us we need to make an instrument and i do not want to make a stupid and lame guitar like everyone else is obviously going to do. i want to make a very originall project...

As you should. The possibilities are wide.

i want to make a violin ... I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me. the Instrument has to be able to play 5 different sounds (teacher called them notes).

A violin would be difficult to make. Well, it at least be harder than a guitar because you'd have to make a bow as well.

Sounds and notes are different things. A sound is any kind of audible sensation. A note is a particular sound that follows the rules of a particular musical scale.

In relation to physics, I would recommend (if you do a stringed instrument) to research the physics of why particular string lengths are used. Here's a good place to start:

harmonics