Science Forums

Windows 7 Beta Is Out, Did You Try It? What Did You Think?

Well, keeping open minded and posting more content to get people to talk in CS, so, windows 7 has been out for a few weeks now, i was thinking about playing with it, but i wanted to ask if anyone has played with it, stress-tested it, use it, and what they thought about the experience, before considering playing with it myself....

windows is getting worse and worse and worse eventually it is going to be so bad that microsoft will loose alot of money and i mean O_O alot.. if some of you have run around here and seen some of my posts you would know that i am a microsoft guy and i don't like apple but as i have been seeing i am actually considering converting to an apple computer. I think it has come to that point where windows has become useless and i should start buying some over priced apple products lol

not exactly linux has been out for a very long time

Indeed. But for reasons you state here "it has never been popular because it is not very user friendly", I think this is changing more and more. Ubuntu is quite user friendly as it stands.

i would honesly just rather give up and go with a mac.....

Have you tried Windows 7 yet? :)

*continues happilly using Xp, which was finally made 'stable' 3 years post release.

I do not expect W7 to be anything but a resource hogging, glitchy, developper unfriendly, barely-operating system glued together from everything they wanted to work in NT/XP/Vista but never could get quite right.

Microsoft's design credo: Square peg, round hole; bigger hammer.

it has never been popular because it is not very user friendly

Pshht users... who cares about those guys? It's been stable, development-friendly, cutting-edge processing and computing platform, that has been a subject of many developer's fascinations and caused many, many sleepless nights in it's community, as well as any other communities that now can't live without the platform (scientists, physicists, chemists, web developers, etc,etc), but it prevails to be the most integrated and integration-happy platform, as well as the most developed, updated, tested and trusted... i say screw users, they can use "other" platforms to do word processing and acessing the web, their webmail and blogs at lightning-fast speeds of the web... the web that runs and builds on Linux, and drives it to be what it is...

most of the linux users i know are fairly average americans, by my standards anyways... my friend's grandma is fairly average american, my other friend's girlfriend is fairly average, DfintlyDistrubd is fairly average when it comes to computers, a lot of people i know who use linux are fairly average... none really had any problems with the interface, besides how is it different from windows? of anything it is better organized and you find things where you'd expect them to :)