Science Forums

The atomic blake koan

motherengine

MotherEngine said, "...that truly understanding the use of koans is reliant on a deeper knowledge of zen then you (i am assuming)..."

___Assuming?

MotherEngine said, " wisdom is not displayed through action."

___it may not be necessary, but it is sufficient.

___How do you think one becomes a Master? Groveling around in the dust of others? By inaction? I think not. Who do you think is thwacking all those novices with little wands?

___The whole idea that I (or you) as a human being don't have all the capability that anyone else before, during, or after my life(s) is false. Ohh, I have to bow at the masters feet.

___MotherEngine said,"..., a beast with no respect is but a beast with no respect."

___I've studied the logic of namecalling (oohhh, under a master no less) & it's not a pretty picture or a suitable frame.

To answer Turtle, I believe it was Demotrictus who invented the term "Atom". It probably was Aristotle

who made it popular.

Maddog

PS: Mother,

Are in search of "the" as in the "end all" of Koans ? The reason I ask is this threads title...

"the atomic blake koan" <--- So I ask myself, what "blake" are you refering to ? Could

this be William Blake, the poet

Galaxies, like grains of sand ...

I've read the thread and have determined that I am not able to easily know what the

theme is. Just wondering... :confused:

Maddog

MotherEngine said, "...that truly understanding the use of koans is reliant on a deeper knowledge of zen then you (i am assuming)..."

___Assuming?

MotherEngine said, " wisdom is not displayed through action."

___it may not be necessary, but it is sufficient.

___How do you think one becomes a Master? Groveling around in the dust of others? By inaction? I think not. Who do you think is thwacking all those novices with little wands?

___The whole idea that I (or you) as a human being don't have all the capability that anyone else before, during, or after my life(s) is false. Ohh, I have to bow at the masters feet.

___MotherEngine said,"..., a beast with no respect is but a beast with no respect."

___I've studied the logic of namecalling (oohhh, under a master no less) & it's not a pretty picture or a suitable frame.

alright: i said 'assuming' because you do not speak as though you have any disipline so i assumed you just don't like koans as an outsider.

action is not sufficient in and of itself, wisdom is not forced upon anyone, sound to me that your getting all your information concerning master/student relationships from movies.

you don't have the capacity to do anything before you are taught but want, need and emote. you were taught to talk think and even use the bathroom, learning about enlightenment is no different (unless your the buddha or christ).

i was not 'namecalling' but using language to express a point of view. if i wanted to call you a name i would write something like 'blasphemous incharitable dog'.

regardless of all this i think your little slapping the master example shows the weakness of your argument better than i ever could so, adieu master of thyself.

ps. i will not respond beyond this point as the thread was not made to support an argument of opinions (talk about a waste)..

To answer Turtle, I believe it was Demotrictus who invented the term "Atom". It probably was Aristotle

who made it popular.

Maddog

PS: Mother,

Are in search of "the" as in the "end all" of Koans ? The reason I ask is this threads title...

"the atomic blake koan" <--- So I ask myself, what "blake" are you refering to ? Could

this be William Blake, the poet

Galaxies, like grains of sand ...

I've read the thread and have determined that I am not able to easily know what the

theme is. Just wondering... :Alien:

Maddog

yes william blake, specifically concerning the doors of perception and the concept of infinate nature. atomic as in a small particle and koan because i feel the question lends itself to answers that challenge base comprehension. sorry about the confusion.