Science Forums

CPUID fluctuations

I ran everest home edition on my laptop and I'm seeing the CPUID fluctuate between 799khz and 1799khz. I'm also seeing DRAM frequency switch between 160-300/320mhz in CPU-Z. While doing a search on this, I noticed that speedstep (Intel) will cause this to happen and that it is normal. Problem is, I have an AMD. Is there something like speedstep for AMD? Can I/Should I disable this in BIOS? I use the AC adaptor 99% of the time...

its sertainly something to do with frequency scaling, i would think that you should find the proper and latest amd drivers for the mobo, generally its because they are not installed or are old or wrong, that frequency scaling goes all haywire like that, or you have a high priority process that periodically runs... if its a big problem, you could disable scaling in the bios, but i would look for some drivers, i know amd, or your board maker will have some good ones. If and it seems, its a laptop, check with the manufacturer for the latest download, there is also a patch for xp for amd procs that i know addresses some of these issues...